GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Have your suspension blocks been removed ?

enrique71

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Well, I complained expecting the dealership to give me at least one freebie but all they would offer was a full inspection of the suspension and an apology. Not worth my time so I blew it off. Glad you found those damn pukes before putting too many miles on your new ride!

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
i need to check mine tonight then, wonder it this has anything to do with these "random noises" in the front of the car when the car, it sounded like "clunking".... could that be those stopper fell down and start hitting the springs?

teenflon5

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't have my own jack and will be taking delivery of my car next month. If I use the standard jack and lift up the front right so that the wheel is off the ground, will I notice, or do I need to lift up both left and right sides at the same time?

Gravydogg

Had my 2015 mk7 for 2 weeks and around 700 miles.ive been wondering why it rides so rough,thought it was because its a performance vehicle but checked today and 6 pink pucks !! Removed them and this baby rides sweet now! Thanks for info guys.

teenflon5

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder how many people are driving round with these things, totally clueless! Not
Good.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I would think the vast majority of Golf/GTI/R owners are NOT on a forum and don't have a clue that this is an issue.

I bet there are quite a few people cursing at their car every time they hit a speed bump...

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
Somebody should send this thread to vwoa. These are the types of issues that will cause the effected owners who never even know of the problem to never buy a vw for the rest of their lives. Those owners will just think that vw cars suck and have a terrible ride. This is really a disaster for vwoa. People thinking their car sucks when really it is because some idiot at the dealership didn't prep it properly....

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
This is sad that they can not get this straight.
If you are reading here, quiz your dealer to death and make sure your car is ok on pickup.
I told mine if I find them after reminding them several times, it will not be a good day.
They got it right and the service mechanic placed the puck reminder tag in my info bag in car.
Check if you have any concerns.

Gravydogg

Good thing i found this forum or i would just think vw rides like junk... drove for 2weeks literally banging my kidneys out lol ,i sold my 2010z71 chevy to buy this car for my daughter and thought it was just normal for a little sporty car,boy was i wrong ,great ride now,told my dealer and he said "ill have to tell my guys to start checking them from now on..."really ??

weagle1856

Passed Driver's Ed
Good thing i found this forum or i would just think vw rides like junk... drove for 2weeks literally banging my kidneys out lol ,i sold my 2010z71 chevy to buy this car for my daughter and thought it was just normal for a little sporty car,boy was i wrong ,great ride now,told my dealer and he said "ill have to tell my guys to start checking them from now on..."really ??
I'd be so mad and report them to VWoA if I were in your position. They deliberately ignored it and they're not following the PDI checklist that they're supposed to. The car even comes with a tag (as seen from earlier posts) that's hung around the rearview mirror that they must have removed and clearly have been ignoring.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Glad you found your way here.
Yes, the car does run well.

MattCatt85

Passed Driver's Ed
I took delivery of my second GTI SE yesterday. I slowly drove over a speed bump. She was bouncy on the front. I'll be jacking the corners tonight and removing my pucks.

WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING???

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
thought mine were not removed checked the front end and yes they were removed! hey seems like i got the 1/100 chance of having a correctly pdi'd car haha

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Hell, guess I will be checking when I get home. I would like to think that the dealer who sold me mine knows to check for this because they move a ton of cars a month.