GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a bad turbo? Let's track the issue...

Jamie007

Ready to race!
Man that is some bullshit. I take it you didn't get any of this in writing before you had them tune it?

Nope, just the opposite. They made me sign something that said modifications could void the warranty. And when I questioned it, that's when the guy said, "they would look the other way for repairs." I confronted the guy last week, and he's not denying he said that. He said "they should cover it, not sure why they aren't." So with the holiday and all, I'm still in a holding pattern. At least they gave me a loaner, until they figure out WTH is going on. :(

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Nope, just the opposite. They made me sign something that said modifications could void the warranty. And when I questioned it, that's when the guy said, "they would look the other way for repairs." I confronted the guy last week, and he's not denying he said that. He said "they should cover it, not sure why they aren't." So with the holiday and all, I'm still in a holding pattern. At least they gave me a loaner, until they figure out WTH is going on. :(

Get a IS38 and throw your middle finger up to them and get the car out of there. I would also throw them under a train on Yelp because a lot of customers do read reviews and that will keep them thinking twice about getting work done at their "performance shop"
Its easy to bullshit a customer into up sales, but when it comes down to business you know they're full of it. That waiver should have been a red flag.

Jamie007

Ready to race!
Get a IS38 and throw your middle finger up to them and get the car out of there. I would also throw them under a train on Yelp because a lot of customers do read reviews and that will keep them thinking twice about getting work done at their "performance shop"
Its easy to bullshit a customer into up sales, but when it comes down to business you know they're full of it. That waiver should have been a red flag.

Yes, if they won't warranty the car, that's exactly what I plan on doing. I will write a nice review on every f'ing website... Ultimately, I would like them to keep their promise, nothing more (being Stage 1 with a warranty). Second choice, would be give me my money back for the stage 1, reflash it back to stock, cover the turbo, and maybe I'll do a JB4. It's been a week already and driving me nuts, to make matters worse my damn cat died on Sunday. :( It's been one helluva week!

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Yes, if they won't warranty the car, that's exactly what I plan on doing. I will write a nice review on every f'ing website... Ultimately, I would like them to keep their promise, nothing more (being Stage 1 with a warranty). Second choice, would be give me my money back for the stage 1, reflash it back to stock, cover the turbo, and maybe I'll do a JB4. It's been a week already and driving me nuts, to make matters worse my damn cat died on Sunday. :( It's been one helluva week!

Sorry about your cat. Not fun to have a furry family member go. Luck is bound to change soon enough!

Jamie007

Ready to race!
Sorry about your cat. Not fun to have a furry family member go. Luck is bound to change soon enough!
Thanks man! I'm ready!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jamie007

Ready to race!
Quick update, the dealership is going to replace my turbo, but they don't know if VW will pay for it, or if they will have to eat the cost. No idea if I have a warranty... I'll report back, when I find out.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Your better off going to reputable Indy shop. Dealership's charging 3000 for turbo replacement is insanity.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
Quick update, the dealership is going to replace my turbo, but they don't know if VW will pay for it, or if they will have to eat the cost. No idea if I have a warranty... I'll report back, when I find out.

You'll definitely have a TD1 flag on your car now based on the fact that VW have started they know it is mapped.

So no matter what you've definitely lost your engine and likely drivetrain warranty. The rest of your car will still be covered though, they can't deny a warranty claim for an issue unrelated to the engine modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if you ask if they would allow you to pay the difference and slap in the is38 and apply the stage 1 to the is38 APR software. Won't hurt to ask if you wanrraty is infact Dead.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I wonder if you ask if they would allow you to pay the difference and slap in the is38 and apply the stage 1 to the is38 APR software. Won't hurt to ask if you wanrraty is infact Dead.

Don't look a gift turbo in the inducer.

Take the is20 and walk away nice and quiet.