GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a bad turbo? Let's track the issue...

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I got the F Revision a while back and asked all over the place. I can confirm it was released June 2017 based on a screen shot from Mexican vw plant. I called a few vw dealers giving them the part number. It all led to south Africa Argentina Brazil turbo on the pasat and variant. Also the new shkoda.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Hmmm... interesting.... hope the is20 gets the new revision. It they recalled all the old turbo for new ones lol
What do you mean they recalled all the old IS20 for new ones?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
It would be great*** if they recalled the old ones and swapped for new ones.. sorry lol

One could only wish but that is a yuuuge financial hit.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I see so much back channel talk and stuff on forums I have to chime in with info and a brief history lesson. Littco(Dan) doesn't advertise what he actually does to be successful on this turbo. Littco has already made custom thrust/journal bearings and machined inserts to replace ceramic. Has already machined the CHRA. Has already made a ceramic dual ball bearing conversion for our factory turbos. The problem is some people are coming late to game and has taken ideas from his designs(oil flow and bearings) or figured it out as TTE hasn't even address this issue like Dan has. Now none of these people you see pushing hybrids today have these turbos running for months and thousands of miles. They are selling you an idea on the backs of the pioneers who paved the way already.

Dan Little was the first to offer various wheel sizes over TTEs 2 options. He did not even steal TTEs design either but instead made his own better design and wheels. On quality and longevity I assure you and anyone during the protoyping phase can assure you any turbo that were discount bought from Littco and blown were prototypes and were replaced with revised internals/work done. Out of these 7 units 3 popped and there were no NDAs to keep people from crying about it either as there shouldn't be. The other 4 prototypes are still running many months later. 1 just hit the dyno putting down low 400s on stock fueling, another weeks ago put down the similar whp on stock fueling. Both on IS38 files and jb4 stacks, then 2 other custom backends have made 430-450whp. For the revised internals 0 have failed to date. So if you have a Littco turbo(like ACE on this forum) put it on and stop whining, if it pops Dan replaces it but at this point you would be the first out of dozens to pop.

That said in my possession I have the markets first ceramic DBB conversion of oem CHRA from Littco, not to be confused with an entirely new CHRA that is DBB ie Garrett core. It is easily over 450whp spool by 3200rpm turbo based on the journal bearing version data of this spec. It has a machined housing, custom machined oil restrictor, VSR balanced, point milled 7/7 blade next gen aero profile wheels. It is a 1 of 1 unit and will be dialed in by COBB 5150 solution.

On to pricing; journal bearing work by Dan is very affordable with quality parts, machining and VSR balancing. That cost $800-900GBP. For ceramic DBB add another $300GBP or so. In USD that is like $1200-1500 shipped back to you. Tell me who else is doing this work at this cost with someone who makes things right when things go wrong and not place total blame on customer?

Enough about hybrid turbos. What abput NEW turbos? Over the weeks I also talked to another company who was making MK7 turbos that would put everyone out of hybrid turbo business (besides Littco due to Dan doing DBB option, bespoke sizes and at affordable cost). I've used them for almost 3 years on my track Evo in the past and have confidence in them as much as I do Dan Littco in building a reliable turbo. They came to the market recently with a very affordable solution for us. Want to have your mind blown? VSR balanced and custom made chra and housings. Just read the description. https://www.maperformance.com/products/tomioka-ihx475-jb-turbo-kit-multiple-fitments-tr-tw1002

There you have it. So if you don't already have a used IS20 or IS38 core and/or want custom wheel sizing or ceramic dbb conversion from Littco at an affordable price. Go to the next best thing, I would advise everyone to buy a Tomioka setup. You're welcome.

Bonus info: if you want a baller billet chra replacement(like Xona but not a Xona) I have specs for that too that work with stock housings at half the price. LOL

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Any idea when we're going to see some numbers/reviews/anything about this turbo?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
A GTI IS38 swap just blew up last night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did, the turbo or motor?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It was Kasey's from FL. He said he was running too much boost. His engine is fine but the turbo is toast.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It was Kasey's from FL. He said he was running too much boost. His engine is fine but the turbo is toast.

How much boost was he trying to squeeze out of it

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not sure totally. One of his posts said he was running 28psi.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I’m friends with him on FB. Ironically his IS20 is in my golf. He said it was a 28 psi file and I’m not sure what else he did to it...

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I’m friends with him on FB. Ironically his IS20 is in my golf. He said it was a 28 psi file and I’m not sure what else he did to it...

Thanks