GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

Mikey22

You don't actually "need" tubing or anything, but it makes it a lot easier and quicker - I did it by wedging a board to keep the clutch down, opening the valve, letting it bleed until the clutch stuck to the floor, close the valve, pull up the clutch - repeat. The type of valve was irrelevant.

Just wad a thing of paper towels or rags under the block/line and work efficiently, it's a quick swap.

I don't have clear tubing. Is the purpose of the tubing to reduce mess and to be able to visibly see bubbles in the fluid stream? How would you be able to tell if all the air is out if not using tubing? And what kind/size of tubing do I need to buy if using tubing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I don't have clear tubing. Is the purpose of the tubing to reduce mess and to be able to visibly see bubbles in the fluid stream? How would you be able to tell if all the air is out if not using tubing? And what kind/size of tubing do I need to buy if using tubing?

What he said

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Reduce mess, see bubbles, catch the fluid to fill back in the reservoir?

When I did it without, I was able to see bubbles just looking at the bleeder... looks like what bubbles normally look like when coming out of liquid, kind of burbles and splashes.

Is it optimal or best done without? No. Can you do it without? Yes.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Reduce mess, see bubbles, catch the fluid to fill back in the reservoir?

When I did it without, I was able to see bubbles just looking at the bleeder... looks like what bubbles normally look like when coming out of liquid, kind of burbles and splashes.

Is it optimal or best done without? No. Can you do it without? Yes.

what size tubing did you use?

marcg611

Ready to race!

Due to the corrosive nature of brake fluid I would never do this without clear tube on the bleeder nipple, both to contain fluid and also monitor air bubbles. It's almost free mod, no need to be cheap or unprepared messing around on a new car, go buy what's needed to due it proper ("anything worth doing, is worth doing right"). To do with ease get 2ft length clear hose from lowes or HD (should be 1/4" or next size larger) get pint of vw brake fluid, get quick bleeder, mod and bleed without brake fluid in your eyes or all over your engine bay, enjoy your smoother clutch.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I did it without the tubing and cleaned everything off real good. And I am enjoying my smoother clutch :)

N10S

Ready to race!
You can also hook a mity vac to the bleeder nipple once you have the assembly modified and back together and it will pull the fluid through removing air.

As noted previously in this thread, you just need to make sure you keep the reservoir topped off or you will end up pulling air from the top. There really is no way to avoid getting air into the line when you open the line, it's going to happen.

I just replaced a clutch master and slave unit on a 97 miata and the mityvac worked like a champ.

Coletrain

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did this Mod, holy batman is it night and day difference. Everything I hated about this clutch is gone, I don't stall out randomly, or shake the car when shifting anymore.

Do this mod, took me about an hour all things considered. Getting the air out, be prepared for brake fluid splatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blinkie

Great thread. I'll be looking into replacing mine with the ECS Tuning Bleeder Block.

I've never bled anything, so a couple of questions to be safe, rather than sorry:

1. How do you know for certain whether your ECS Bleeder Block is equipped with a Speed Bleeder or not?

2. Does the state of the brake fluid reservoir cap (i.e., open or closed) matter at any given time during the bleeding procedure? In the OP, he has you open up the cap after you pumped the pedal, but at any point, do you close the cap during the procedure or can it be kept open at all times until completed?

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Great thread. I'll be looking into replacing mine with the ECS Tuning Bleeder Block.

I've never bled anything, so a couple of questions to be safe, rather than sorry:

1. How do you know for certain whether your ECS Bleeder Block is equipped with a Speed Bleeder or not?

2. Does the state of the brake fluid reservoir cap (i.e., open or closed) matter at any given time during the bleeding procedure? In the OP, he has you open up the cap after you pumped the pedal, but at any point, do you close the cap during the procedure or can it be kept open at all times until completed?

I would not buy the ECS bleeder block. I've heard of many clutch failures because of it where clutch is getting stuck to the ground. I would not trust it. Use the stock one and modify it and you should be fine.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had ANY problems or ANY negative side effects with either this mod or the ECS Bleeder block? Was considering doing the mod when a good, knowledgeable friend of mine advised against it. Thanks.