GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Revolagoy1

Ready to race!
I had my first issue with the Stage 2 TCU tune last night. I have Cobb protune (DP, intercooler and cold air intake) and flashed stage 2 TCU tune before I knew it was for big turbo applications. My car was driving great so I didn't want to go through flash/adaption/calibration process again to flash stage 1 TCU tune. I definitely feel more low end torque with the stage 2 TCU tune and the car pulls harder than the stock TCU tune.

Now to the issue I had last night. I was in D mode with traction control off and partial ESC off by holding down the traction control button. I was taking a right turn from a stop and started to accelerate hard and the car spun the tires then gripped then all of a sudden the power was cut I think on the 2-3 shift and the car was revving to redline and the car wasn't accelerating. It felt like pushing the clutch in on a manual car while accelerating. I think I am on the most recent version of stage 2 TCU tune but need to check today. I haven't checked to see if their are any codes thrown and the car drove perfect after the issue. My understanding is the only difference between stage 1 and 2 TCU tunes are the clamping pressure. Does the stage 1 TCU tune have the same shift points as the stage 2 tune? What are the torque limits of the stage 1 tune vs stage 2 tune? Will I have reduced torque with stage 1 TCU tune?

Edit: I flashed last Sunday so there may have been an update since then. Searching the thread I noticed that this issue has been reported before. I emailed Eurodyne support.

Last edited:

JSoler

Ready to race!
Had a strange thing happen in manual mode with the new stage1 dsg tune. At about 6400rpm in 3rd gear the transmission kind of freaked out, the orange triangle with the "!" in it lit up and the gear indicator disappeared from the mfd display. The car was stuck in 3rd gear and switching to automatic mode made no difference.

I stopped and cycled the ignition and everything seemed normal at first. Now the car doesn't really like to go over 6400rpm in manual mode but seems to shift fine in normal driving in D.
I'm on the same file but stg2 email him and let him know what's happening. Log the dsg and send him the log with it happening. Also if possible, log the ecu in a separate log and have it happen. If it's that consistently happening, let him know and he'll fix it right away

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
I contacted Chris and he had me flash a new stock file and then flash the new stage1.

I am very happy with the customer service I received. Response was very quick!

JSoler

Ready to race!
I had my first issue with the Stage 2 TCU tune last night. I have Cobb protune (DP, intercooler and cold air intake) and flashed stage 2 TCU tune before I knew it was for big turbo applications. My car was driving great so I didn't want to go through flash/adaption/calibration process again to flash stage 1 TCU tune. I definitely feel more low end torque with the stage 2 TCU tune and the car pulls harder than the stock TCU tune.

Now to the issue I had last night. I was in D mode with traction control off and partial ESC off by holding down the traction control button. I was taking a right turn from a stop and started to accelerate hard and the car spun the tires then gripped then all of a sudden the power was cut I think on the 2-3 shift and the car was revving to redline and the car wasn't accelerating. It felt like pushing the clutch in on a manual car while accelerating. I think I am on the most recent version of stage 2 TCU tune but need to check today. I haven't checked to see if their are any codes thrown and the car drove perfect after the issue. My understanding is the only difference between stage 1 and 2 TCU tunes are the clamping pressure. Does the stage 1 TCU tune have the same shift points as the stage 2 tune? What are the torque limits of the stage 1 tune vs stage 2 tune? Will I have reduced torque with stage 1 TCU tune?

Edit: I flashed last Sunday so there may have been an update since then.
That's the clutch disengagement problem I spoke about earlier like 50 posts previously lol. It's because your dsg went over 17 bar and the safety features of the dsg dump the clutch to prevent over pressuring the system. Email him a log of it happening. He knows the fix and did it for my box code. He will fix yours stat

Revolagoy1

Ready to race!
That's the clutch disengagement problem I spoke about earlier like 50 posts previously lol. It's because your dsg went over 17 bar and the safety features of the dsg dump the clutch to prevent over pressuring the system. Email him a log of it happening. He knows the fix and did it for my box code. He will fix yours stat

I just read your posts and realized I was having the same issue you reported. Thanks for confirming! Will email support.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Thank you for the reply oblivious, i might pass on the eurodyne tune. I cant believe they released a DSG tune with so many bugs.

Not that APR is doing any better, they released the burbles and pops tune and people have reported less boost and a significant loss in overall performance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

FWIW Chris has been busting his ass trying to get the DSG files worked out, and has been very responsive lately. I think it’s because he realized his mistake.

From one 6MT to another, I recommend ED. If there are issues they do get fixed eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Flashed the newest stage 1 over my stage 2 dsg, yesterday. The hesitation issue has completely resolved. Haven't had a chance to beat on it, but it feels good so far. Way better than the stop to go hesitation i was getting. Hopefully,it doesn't have the holding issue mentioned above. Originally, the stage 1 dsg did that to me.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I went ahead and did my flash today. No stage 2 for my box code but the stage 1 seems just fine. No problems so far. Could stand to rev out a bit more in D, but at least I'm not lugging around at 1200rpm in 6th any more.

Probably be a bit before I get my DP back on and start letting Frank work his Maestro magic, it's cold af in my garage right now. I assume stage 1.5 adjustable 21psi/93oct is fine to run on the stock DP with 93 in my tank?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thank you Quebster for the recommendation. I'm still loving my CW TBE so your recommendation carries alot of weight.

I was gonna pull the trigger before Christmas, however, i purchased a set of mk7.5 NA spec golf R tail lights and I'll be waiting around for a bit longer before i put any more funds into the GTi.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Flashed the newest stage 1 over my stage 2 dsg, yesterday. The hesitation issue has completely resolved. Haven't had a chance to beat on it, but it feels good so far. Way better than the stop to go hesitation i was getting. Hopefully,it doesn't have the holding issue mentioned above. Originally, the stage 1 dsg did that to me.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk
Did you have to do the adaptation procedure?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I flashed cold and drove about 15 minutes to warm up, then did the adaptations and the driving procedure. I didn't notice anything abnormal while backing out of my driveway or on the warm up drive, nor after the adaptations.

Is it possible the stage 1 I flashed was not updated, or are all available TCU tunes updated?

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure but I'm still having intermittent bucking issues in first and reverse. I need to do the whole adaption process but haven't had a chance.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Thank you Quebster for the recommendation. I'm still loving my CW TBE so your recommendation carries alot of weight.

I was gonna pull the trigger before Christmas, however, i purchased a set of mk7.5 NA spec golf R tail lights and I'll be waiting around for a bit longer before i put any more funds into the GTi.

Awesome, glad you’re enjoying it!! I really love mine as well! Enjoy those tails :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3

I flashed, then drove around until oil temp got to 200, then went home and did the adaptation with eurodyne flash (trans was 60c IIRC). Drove after and it was fine right off the bat. I did get through about half of the adaptation drive stuff.

I flashed cold and drove about 15 minutes to warm up, then did the adaptations and the driving procedure. I didn't notice anything abnormal while backing out of my driveway or on the warm up drive, nor after the adaptations.

Is it possible the stage 1 I flashed was not updated, or are all available TCU tunes updated?

My TCU tune was different this time around. It's changed twice since the first stage 2 came out. Shift points (D and S) are improved over the OG stage 1 I was running.