GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
My car isn't stalling, but there is an intermittent delay when moving from a stop. Sometimes it's perfectly fine, other times, it's like it doesn't engage right when you let off the brake. After touching the gas it takes a second then engages.

Mine is doing the same. Some times the clutch engages and disengages once or twice when i let off the brake pedal then it finally goes. It does it more when reversing. I did the adaptation reset a few times, but i think its just internal damage at this point because i would occasionally get dsg slip on the basic stage 1 dsg file he had on the server. My DSG has been serviced and i also checked the fluid level on my friends lift when the transmission temperature was 35-45C and it's correct.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Mine is doing the same. Some times the clutch engages and disengages once or twice when i let off the brake pedal then it finally goes. It does it more when reversing. I did the adaptation reset a few times, but i think its just internal damage at this point because i would occasionally get dsg slip on the basic stage 1 dsg file he had on the server. My DSG has been serviced and i also checked the fluid level on my friends lift when the transmission temperature was 35-45C and it's correct.

Yeah, i forgot to mention, reverse is worse for me. I park front-in in my garage at home, and backing out and down the straight and flat driveway is the clunkiest part now. Let off the brake and barely press the gas, in reverse, and it happens. Didn't do it with stage 1, ever. With the added clamping force, it's even jerkier, which is expected. Once it grabs, it's fine, the problem is just the delay before that happens.

I think i'll try the revised stage 1 or first do the adaptation using the eurodyne flasher, and flash to 1 if it's still there.

Last edited:

Travis9935

Ready to race!
He claims it's all in the adaptation. Well how do you do it correctly enough so it engages from a stop smoothly? #irritating

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
I don't think the coding was available to run it back then. At least for VCDS it wasn't yet. Rosstech forums mention it to work as of 10/31/16. I was flashed stage 1 DSG in April or May of 2016.

Last edited:

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
Why didn't the original tune require adapt? Do the Apr, uni, um Dsg tunes require it? Or is it just a scapegoat?

Any time you change the DSG tune, it is recommended to perform the DSG adaptation.

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
I like to think of it as the topic of "custom tuning". The VW/Audi community seems to have a very ancient mindset on some things that can be hugely beneficial to the performance of our cars.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm on dsg stage 2 and notice more torque available immediately. Does new stage 1 also feel this way?

Today on the way home I had the unpleasant long hesitation trying to take off on a hill in busy traffic...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'm on dsg stage 2 and notice more torque available immediately. Does new stage 1 also feel this way?

Today on the way home I had the unpleasant long hesitation trying to take off on a hill in busy traffic...
I'm still wondering if it has something to do with hill assist.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I'm still wondering if it had something to do with him assist.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I want to try and disable hill assist and see if it helps in anyway