GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
I cannot see how a dogbone mount would make that worse unless it was broken.

A dogbone mount adds NVH and when the transmission shifts it moves.?

The dogbone mount has been known to firm up shifts. If Chris has changed the files to also shift more firmly that could have increased NVH so that I'm no perceiving more "clunkiness". Idk just an idea

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
A dogbone mount adds NVH and when the transmission shifts it moves.?

The dogbone mount has been known to firm up shifts. If Chris has changed the files to also shift more firmly that could have increased NVH so that I'm no perceiving more "clunkiness". Idk just an idea

It limits movement, so I guess if it limited the movement violently instead of softly like the OE mount that could transfer to the DSG. But I have never heard about it before on any other DSG tunes. More likely stage 2 just isn't allowing any slip, where the OE tune does. I definitely notice the OE tune allowing a fair amount of slip when gently pulling away from a stop going up a hill so that power delivery is smoothed out.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Got that Stage 2 feeling!

After adaptation I can say the shift points are a major improvement over Stock and Stage 1/1.2/1.3

Unfortunately I have my snow tires on now so I can't get really crazy but I'm loving it for DD. I have the HPA mount and I will agree that from a stop it does slip a lot less than the prior tunes, which is fine by me as you can get on it sooner if you need to make a quick entry into traffic. Shifts are buttery smooth for all gears for me.

JSoler

Ready to race!
I was still having some issues taking off from a stop, occasionally I'd get a pretty nasty clunk and the car would hesitate pretty badly. It was bad enough that my kids were complaining. I switched back to stage1 and no more issues. The stage1 is new, used to be 4903_stage1.3. now it's 4903_stage1_83D2.
Did you try it after Brian and I worked on beta files?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Did you try it after Brian and I worked on beta files?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I have, and i'm having the same issue. It's not every start from a stop, but it is pretty frequent. There's a slight delay, and it's a little alarming at first, especially taking off into a gap in traffic.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
He updated stage 1 to have the same shift points as stage 2, among other things I believe.

Sometimes my take off from a stop is weird and it is sometimes a little clunky on deceleration shifting from 4-3 and 3-2.

Those that are having these issues, do you have a dogbone mount? I'm wondering if it's making it worse and if I should take mine out as I'm not sure it makes much of a difference for me (I have a golf R)

As far as I understand, higher clamping pressure will feel more 'mechanical' and less daily-driver friendly?
For comparison, I've had a DSG tune from UM on one of my previous MK7s, it felt the same(minus the shifting issues I was having before) in terms of clunkiness.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just heard from a fellow member about the new DSG tune. How long does the flash from old stage 1 to new stage 2 take?

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone on stage 2 checked if there any codes thrown when issues were observed? Would be interesting to see if those seeing issues have the same DSG codes.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Just heard from a fellow member about the new DSG tune. How long does the flash from old stage 1 to new stage 2 take?

It’s 1 or 2 blocks... takes about 10-15 minutes max

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
Anyone on stage 2 checked if there any codes thrown when issues were observed? Would be interesting to see if those seeing issues have the same DSG codes.
No codes here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

drrck

Go Kart Champion
If you are moving from reverse to D you will notice a bit more hesitation if your car isn’t at a dead stop. I attribute this to the decreased slip vs OE tune.

Given the large number of box codes if you still experience hesitation try and replicate while logging and send those logs to ED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk