GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

JSoler

Ready to race!
This is probably the hardest run the car did... 15* of timing up top & 26 psi of boost and hit a max of 476TQ with minor corrections going into 4th gear... I'm low on fuel so it's time to try 4 gallons of E85 mixed with 91 octane and see how it does! Car spun third gear and felt the front end lift up LOL i can't imagine if i had the stock mounts.
https://datazap.me/u/mk7gtl/eurodyne-is38-maestro-17?log=0&data=1-8-9-15-16-17-18-19-22
Nice!!! Update.... I mentioned increased launch control... Well it's 5500 now.... Wtf why so high?!

And doing some maestro tweaks I think I fixed the 3-4 issue..... Seems as if it was requesting 2nd and 4th at the same time during wot so the car assumed reverse was trying to be engaged as clutch pack1 is for 135 and clutch pack2 is for R 2 4 and 6th.

I'm going to test it again tomorrow. But I just drove around in D and S modes for the last 30 mins or so and it seems happy.

I will report back with my changes if it works and those with maestro can make them. I have maestro for dsg and ecu btw for what it's worth

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Nice!!! Update.... I mentioned increased launch control... Well it's 5500 now.... Wtf why so high?!

And doing some maestro tweaks I think I fixed the 3-4 issue..... Seems as if it was requesting 2nd and 4th at the same time during wot so the car assumed reverse was trying to be engaged as clutch pack1 is for 135 and clutch pack2 is for R 2 4 and 6th.

I'm going to test it again tomorrow. But I just drove around in D and S modes for the last 30 mins or so and it seems happy.

I will report back with my changes if it works and those with maestro can make them. I have maestro for dsg and ecu btw for what it's worth

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It’s a more aggressive map that’s why it’s at 5500 rpm. If you hold part throttle it should be a lower rpm range, no? I’ll try this out when I pump some fuel and log I also need to test my D mode and make sure I don’t have the same issue as you fellas.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Jealous of you guys. My car has been gone 3 months now. Haven't event gotten to play with the new Maestro adjustable files yet. :'(

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Alright guys a Stage 2 apr car blew a ring land on his 16.

My is38 is in the mail and now I’m really nervous. Thoughts?

I thought we were okay for these power levels even at is38?

Last edited:

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Jealous of you guys. My car has been gone 3 months now. Haven't event gotten to play with the new Maestro adjustable files yet. :'(

Yeah i give it a little more time then were all going to be jealous of your forged internals and boss kit :p

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

I thought we were okay for theee power levels even at is38?

MK7GTI actually text me about this. Chances are it's the tune (highly unlikely honestly) or something else failed.. i.e. fueling of some sort which caused a ping and poof. Our cars are fine at these levels.. unfortunately shit can happen :/

Zx2man

Ready to race!

I thought we were okay for theee power levels even at is38?

Id say stay the course. You want genuine ringland problems? Go hang out in the Sti forums lol. Honestly out of tons of tuned mk7s you rarely hear issues internally. You will always have a case here and case there. Heck stock tuned motors pop.
Ofcourse at the end of the day, when you start increasing boost and timing and increasing cylinder pressure, temps etc you have to be aware that my engine MAY shit the bed, and if it does im probably paying out of pocket.

That being said from what I can tell and have heard since ive been a mk7 owner is our motors are fairly stout. Shitty fuel was probably the case in this matter, probably over a period of time, ringland got weaker from some premature detonation and then one good wot pull or super bad tank of gas lots of boost who knows, and boom.

Once again this is rarely a issues on the forums. Log your tunes make sure its looking safe and run that is38! :)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Well said, we'll make sure you're protected, just feed me logs Seymour!

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Thanks guys that makes me feel a little better. I read of 10 cars in Kuwait with ring land failure fwiw but I’ll just leave that there.

This is my 9th modded vw so I haven’t been scared till now. I can pay to play but a 10k motor is a bit much haha

I’m in AZ which worries me, but I don’t drive like a D*** when it’s hot and I have an IE IC. So I’m not sure what to think. Crazy APR torque spikes is what I would blame first and he’s not gentle on his car at all.

Correct me if I’m wrong but detonation and/or heat will break ring lands along with spikes?

I’ve heard my Stage 2 ping as soon as it gets into third WOT a couple times. Like 2 or 3 ticks but my VR’s always did that so I shrugged it off.

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
2-3° isn't too bad but when it's happening on multiple cylinders you have to look at the ignition 1 and see if the overall timing takes a dip. VW does engineer minor retards for torque targets which is why I'll look at ignition 1 to see if it's "real" knock.

And yes, detention is generally the cause. That can be caused by all sorts of things, but generally heat, fuel (not high enough octane, lack of supply/injector/pump failure, etc or dilution.. which goes back to octane) and too aggressive timing are the typical causes.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Best advice is always make sure your oil is warm, no wot unless you're above 3k, and no boost in 5th or 6th. I habe an early 15 and the stock 20 had zero shaft play. Gotta remember some people are ignorant and like to go wot in 5th or 6th or hell at 2k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone! As long as there isn’t a material defect (anything is possible) then we should be good. I forget how telling logs can be.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
So this new stage 2 dsg tune has different shift points. Anyone know if he updated the stage 1 files to do the same?

From what I've gathered stage 2 seems to be more for aggressive driving and launching at the strip than daily driving?