Eurodyne Updates

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
I did another log and cylinder 3 is still messed up. I'm using 93oct fuel

Settings:
89oct
24psi

http://datazap.me/u/defining/89-24?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10

I'm starting to wonder if I have low compression in cylinder 3?

Any timing less then -3.9 I would not be too worried about, the littlest things could cause ghost knock. When the requested timing is reduced from previous rpm is when a problem is. Grated 0 is best but if the ecm is not retarding timing then the about or type of knock is not significant to do something about it.
Checking pugs after checking for boost leaks is a good idea.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Will my ecu self adjust for timing *power*... if i add 3 gallons of e85 to my 91oct ed stage 2 tune?

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
When did you last change plugs? Another thing to check would be the coilpack and fuel injector for that cylinder.

I changed the plugs and coilpacks a few thousand miles ago. I swapped the coilpacks and plugs from cylinder 2 and 3. I'm going to log more tonight and see what happens.

How do I check the fuel injector?

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Any timing less then -3.9 I would not be too worried about, the littlest things could cause ghost knock. When the requested timing is reduced from previous rpm is when a problem is. Grated 0 is best but if the ecm is not retarding timing then the about or type of knock is not significant to do something about it.
Checking pugs after checking for boost leaks is a good idea.

So the small timing corrections aren't s big deal? That's good! What should my overall timing curve look like?

"When the requested timing is reduced from the previous rpm" what would that look like? Thank you so much!

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
So the small timing corrections aren't s big deal? That's good! What should my overall timing curve look like?

"When the requested timing is reduced from the previous rpm" what would that look like? Thank you so much!

Ignition timing cyl1 is request, what the ECM is asking for.
Timing correction is after ignition.

My car, mind you of my mods

This log was on a smooth road no bumps
http://www.datazap.me/u/drewshanabrook/drew-is38-98oct-25psi-150ft-altitude?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10

This log was same oct just upped the boost request to 28. Just different road, see just from the car bouncing and a rough road was causing "fake knock" timing correction but my requested never dropped.
http://www.datazap.me/u/drewshanabrook/ed-af-wmi-6040-is38-28psi98oct-98f?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Ignition timing cyl1 is request, what the ECM is asking for.
Timing correction is after ignition.

My car, mind you of my mods

This log was on a smooth road no bumps
http://www.datazap.me/u/drewshanabrook/drew-is38-98oct-25psi-150ft-altitude?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10

This log was same oct just upped the boost request to 28. Just different road, see just from the car bouncing and a rough road was causing "fake knock" timing correction but my requested never dropped.
http://www.datazap.me/u/drewshanabrook/ed-af-wmi-6040-is38-28psi98oct-98f?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10

I have literally never had a log that looks as clean as yours. The road I currently use is flat and bump free. I swapped the spark plugs and coils from cylinder #2 to cylinder #3 and logged--it looks cleaner, but still 1.87 degrees of timing correction in cylinder 2, 3, and 4. I guess it's the best I can get

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys....stupid question ...the absolute charge pressure, how do I convert that to psi? What unit of measure is that in your logs? Requested looks to be mbar.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Hey guys....stupid question ...the absolute charge pressure, how do I convert that to psi? What unit of measure is that in your logs? Requested looks to be mbar.

Convert kilopascal to psi then minus atmospheric pressure.

JcarrollWS6

Ready to race!
Convert kilopascal to psi then minus atmospheric pressure.

Correct. And make sure you use your local atmospheric pressure.

Here are some random numbers calculated for you. This is from a town in Southern California, I believe. Just look up the atmospheric pressure at your altitude.

1. 270.89 kPa in the manifold = 39.29psi.
2. Take that then subtracting the contribution of ambient air pressure towards
that number, or about 13.9 psi (at your altitude),
3. We get 25.39psi peak.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Just hooked up an APR boost tap and the analog boost sensor for my P3 in preparation for the adjustable file.

On the standard R/S3 93oct 1.5 tune i'm seeing 22.5 - 23.4 PSI at redline. Just throwing that out there as a baseline for anyone who's curious. I'm at sea level in South FL.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Hey. Has anyone confirmed that the clamp pressure is increased with the ED TCU software?

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Dumped 3 gallons of e85 in my car today. Running stage 2. Immediately 20 seconds later leaving the gas station, throttle response was sooo much better. The car does accelerate more. Even without tuning for e85, the stock ecu must be adding timing, cause it wants to go!

When maestro comes out and we can run e30-e50 tunes. This car is going to pull hard.
Is38 on a well dialed e85 tune will be a roll race monster.

jrah

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else having trouble connecting to server today? Been trying all afternoon and keeps telling me could not establish trust relationship for SSL/TSL secure channel. I have excellent wifi connection, have always flashed from same location with no problem, and have the latest update. Just installed my downpipe and new plugs - dying to flash to stage 2.

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
Anyone else having trouble connecting to server today? Been trying all afternoon and keeps telling me could not establish trust relationship for SSL/TSL secure channel. I have excellent wifi connection, have always flashed from same location with no problem, and have the latest update. Just installed my downpipe and new plugs - dying to flash to stage 2.

Check to make sure your computers time and date is in sync with microsofts servers. Secure connections deny you of your time is off by 3 minutes I believe. Are you running xp? If so you prob need the latest service pack to be allowed to connect. I haven't tried flashing so don't know if it's a eurodyne issue but those are my suggestions for troubleshooting your side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk