GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Saw a post on another forum. Guy running stage 2 APR 91 oct trapped 110 mph.
He then added 3 gal e85 to 91oct, ran apr stage 2 93 map and trapped 113.75 mph

Apr states 305 whp vs 295 whp 93 vs 91oct stage 2. So he increased his trap almost 4 mph with 14 more whp? Not likely. So even though not specifically tuned for a mix his stock ecu must be adding timing on its own?
Idk. E85 mix just seems more and more tempting and worth running over hipsters n downtown Ptown to get it lol

GTI2016

Ready to race!
So.... am flashing my car to stock for a dealer visit tomorrow... the update option that usually takes place is now forcing you to go to the website and download new client...and when im there i see the Maestro client available for download. Dont remember this being an option previously. I downloaded it but did not install. Maybe someone else can check it out. Does this mean its been released?

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Saw a post on another forum. Guy running stage 2 APR 91 oct trapped 110 mph.
He then added 3 gal e85 to 91oct, ran apr stage 2 93 map and trapped 113.75 mph

Apr states 305 whp vs 295 whp 93 vs 91oct stage 2. So he increased his trap almost 4 mph with 14 more whp? Not likely. So even though not specifically tuned for a mix his stock ecu must be adding timing on its own?
Idk. E85 mix just seems more and more tempting and worth running over hipsters n downtown Ptown to get it lol

Alright, from what I can tell my hoses are on tight. I am using t-bolt clamps on everything. I'm going to drive 56 miles one way, get e85, and drive back to the same road I log on, and we'll see what happens.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I remember seeing the Maestro client the day I bought the normal ED tune (2 years ago about).... I'm pretty sure it has been there all along, under the downloads section once you log in.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Alright, from what I can tell my hoses are on tight. I am using t-bolt clamps on everything. I'm going to drive 56 miles one way, get e85, and drive back to the same road I log on, and we'll see what happens.

Right on. Goodluck!!
After all that nonsense hopefully the ecu gods treat you well

GTI2016

Ready to race!
I remember seeing the Maestro client the day I bought the normal ED tune (2 years ago about).... I'm pretty sure it has been there all along, under the downloads section once you log in.

Oh ok...i guess im wondering why then i see a bunch of post asking about and referencing when it would be available.

JcarrollWS6

Ready to race!
91/24 feels ok--kind slow honestly. I have a Uni intercooler. Torco doesn't do anything if I can't run a 93oct tune without timing correction, so I'm going to stop wasting my money on it.

I bought a can of Torco to play with at the track as I would be goinf through lots of gas and could back to back compare things in the same conditions.

In a nutshell, Torco did nothing. I had more timing pull consistently with Torco + 93 octane gas than with the same 93 octane gas alone. Torco is not what you want to use for these cars. Now Sunoco 98 octane non-oxygenated fuel, on the other hand, is awesome. Expensive stuff, but absolutely the only way to safely screw with higher octane tunes.

E85 works well, but has its on intricacies as well.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I bought a can of Torco to play with at the track as I would be goinf through lots of gas and could back to back compare things in the same conditions.

In a nutshell, Torco did nothing. I had more timing pull consistently with Torco + 93 octane gas than with the same 93 octane gas alone. Torco is not what you want to use for these cars. Now Sunoco 98 octane non-oxygenated fuel, on the other hand, is awesome. Expensive stuff, but absolutely the only way to safely screw with higher octane tunes.

E85 works well, but has its on intricacies as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Wish I could have saved myself the extra $22 I spent on this junk... Sunoco 98 octane non-oxygenated fuel you say? I might try that. When I was Stg 2HT 93 my car still pulled timing... Maybe my car just doesn't run well with the ED tunes?

I'm going to flash back to stock and make some logs.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
^^^ thought you were gonna run e85? Give that stuff a go and report back.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Has anyone ran the 93 oct eurodyne standard maps with a 91-92 pump+ e85 and had zero knock and timing corrections when they did so??

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I will run e85 and log. I'm also going to try flashing back to stock and log. I'm going to try multiple avenues in an effort to diagnosis and treat my car

Sounds good sir