GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully something is out for summer time for the GTI/R. May have to just create a new FB account with an alias specifically for keeping track of this stuff since forums seem to be dying and the GTI Reddit is people constantly just posting pictures.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So I got the 2.63 update for EQT's stage 2 tune. I can just flash over my existing 2.52 tune? Just want to double check.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I got the 2.63 update for EQT's stage 2 tune. I can just flash over my existing 2.52 tune? Just want to double check.

Yes

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Looks like VW changed the ROM for 2024 GTI, so current mk8 tunes won't work.

Cobb says they're working on it and it'll be soon....

So I should be about to get a tune in the next decade?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
ngl my buddy has a DSG mk8 GTI and it's pretty quick.

Now that Cobb has flex fuel support, what's the process for getting a Stage 2 flex tune? Is it a custom tune, since there are notable upgrades involved in running flex? I haven't seen specifics from EQT yet regarding this, but would like to do MPI/Flex FBO IS20.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
ngl my buddy has a DSG mk8 GTI and it's pretty quick.

Now that Cobb has flex fuel support, what's the process for getting a Stage 2 flex tune? Is it a custom tune, since there are notable upgrades involved in running flex? I haven't seen specifics from EQT yet regarding this, but would like to do MPI/Flex FBO IS20.

Would not be custom but I heard they were having issues dialing the staged flex tunes in and were working with Cobb on a few things. No definite timeline for their release yet.

Also don't know what hardware the staged tunes would support but I would assume MPI would have to be included.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Would not be custom but I heard they were having issues dialing the staged flex tunes in and were working with Cobb on a few things. No definite timeline for their release yet.

Also don't know what hardware the staged tunes would support but I would assume MPI would have to be included.
Yeah, my assumption is that it would require MPI/LPFP to be used. I'm hoping to get all the goodies I need for MPI on the IS20, enjoy it for a bit, then move to something bigger like a Vortex.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Ordered a stage 1 for my GTI, just to see if I like the Euro burbles... I heard an MK8 the other day and they didn't sound obnoxious like the pops and bangs do... just to find out I can't update my AP because the new COBB upgrade runs on Mac IOS 10.15 or above and my old Mac can't upgrade past 10.13. I had a brand new 2020 iMac 27 that died right after the warranty expired, and my 2011 is still running as it did when I bought it in 2011. Will be using the wife's new iMac but I had to order a USB-C to Micro since they don't have old USB-A connectors.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
I'm very happy with 2.63. The throttle is no longer super jerky from a stop in a DSG vehicle and it feels so much more linear with power delivery. Very smooth. I had 2.51 before this.