GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Just got my vortex tunes done. Very happy with it. Literally feels no different than the is38 but then actually has some balls up top.

Bottom is a stock Golf R, Middle is 28psi, top is 31ish psi. All on 93 with a hpfp only.
AWD dyno or 2WD?

What is the complete mod list?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
AWD dyno or 2WD?

What is the complete mod list?
AWD Mustang Dyno.

Autotech HPFP
IE Turbo Inlet
AFE Intake
Majesty EBay Bar and Plate Intercooler
5 Bar EQT MAP/PUT Sensors
IE Catted Downpipe
Stock catback for exhaust
SB Stage 3 Clutch
EQT Vortex Standard

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
AWD Mustang Dyno.

Autotech HPFP
IE Turbo Inlet
AFE Intake
Majesty EBay Bar and Plate Intercooler
5 Bar EQT MAP/PUT Sensors
IE Catted Downpipe
Stock catback for exhaust
SB Stage 3 Clutch
EQT Vortex Standard
From the dynochart didn't seem like you lost any spool at all? Daily driving around feels no different? Does it sound different?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
From the dynochart didn't seem like you lost any spool at all? Daily driving around feels no different? Does it sound different?
No difference in sound or spool that can be felt compared to a stage 2 setup. This really is a well designed turbo for moderate power goals.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
No difference in sound or spool that can be felt compared to a stage 2 setup. This really is a well designed turbo for moderate power goals.
My car sounds like a diesel lol.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Interesting, Is the IS-38 louder than the is-20? Because there was a noticeable increase in turbo noise from the is-20.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
My car sounds like a diesel lol.
Oh this car sounds like absolute garbage and yes a diesel, especially with the SB clutch. I have an open air intake so it’s not that much different IMO.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Oh this car sounds like absolute garbage and yes a diesel, especially with the SB clutch. I have an open air intake so it’s not that much different IMO.
My spool is very loud and I get turbine whistle on decel through the exhaust.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
My spool is very loud and I get turbine whistle on decel through the exhaust.
Mine is not, do you have a catted downpipe and stock exhaust and stock box location filter? I’m actually happy it doesn’t sound too ricey.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Mine is not, do you have a catted downpipe and stock exhaust and stock box location filter? I’m actually happy it doesn’t sound too ricey.
Forge carbon intake, cts catted 3.5” downpipe and neuspeed catback. I will be switching to a blaze performance intake whenever I have time to install. I like the way it sounds, it’s not obnoxiously loud but it doesn’t sound like a Prius either.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Forge carbon intake, cts catted 3.5” downpipe and neuspeed catback. I will be switching to a blaze performance intake whenever I have time to install. I like the way it sounds, it’s not obnoxiously loud but it doesn’t sound like a Prius either.
Yeah I had a CTS catted downpipe and it sounded like a trumpet with the stock exhaust and I felt was absolutely obnoxious and droney. So we have different sound tolerances. Don’t want to clutter this thread with exhaust sound setups.

Just wanted to chime in -I’m a happy EQT Vortex Std customer. Thanks Matt from EQT for your help.