GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I have scheduled time at the shop to get things installed. I'd love to do it myself, but life is just a little too busy these days; had knee surgery last week to clean up an old injury, starting a company with a few of the boys, toddler, no garage. Shop it is - I'll do some more stuff that will give me ample bonding time with the GTI in the summer. So, what's going in:
  • New Strut Mounts
  • Bilstein B6 Damptronic Dampers
  • H&R Rear sway with Moog Endlinks
  • Whiteline Front sway with Whiteline endlinks
  • BFI Control arms with solid rubber bushings
Next week I'll take it to an exhaust shop to fix the rattle in the valve - may remove the valve altogether as I like the way it sounds with the valve open.

End of April I will get new rubber.

I'm pretty excited, I think the car will feel like new with all the suspension work done - since the misfire was solved, it pulls like a freight train.

It's turning out to be a pretty complete car.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Curious to hear driving impressions after all that is in.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I regret doing it all at once as I won't appreciate what each individual mod will do, but it is what it is.
I hear ya- I like to do mods in phases that compliment each other, like my upcoming MPI, LPFP and Mamba or EQT turbo upgrade. I would love to do just the MPI, retune and see the gain (if any), but kind of thinking may as well get the LPFP and turbo. The thought behind that is retune for E85 in the process and just be done with power mods. It's a lot of dough though so I may end up with just MPI, or MPI and LPFP which would allow the E85. Decisions, decisions.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Struts came in today - one box was damaged, same strut is missing the nut and washer at the top and the mounting clip for the dcc is broken. One strut seems fine. Two rear struts are missing dcc connectors. Dealing with Park Auto to get this resolved. Pretty disappointing that they would ship things out without checking that the package was complete. Needless to say, I doubt this gets resolved by next week when I have scheduled the shop to install. Bummer.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Struts came in today - one box was damaged, same strut is missing the nut and washer at the top and the mounting clip for the dcc is broken. One strut seems fine. Two rear struts are missing dcc connectors. Dealing with Park Auto to get this resolved. Pretty disappointing that they would ship things out without checking that the package was complete. Needless to say, I doubt this gets resolved by next week when I have scheduled the shop to install. Bummer.
are they just drop-shipping like everyone else? sounds like most of my post 2021 experiences with ECS and even FCPEuro.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Alright. Returning the dampers. @El_bigote_AJ I can get b16's for a decent deal and they have them in stock. I'd get these https://www.theasiangarage.com/en-ca/products/vw-golf-mk7-8
Why not just keep the damptronic dampers you already bought have run and some mild lowering springs with them? Unless you’re trying to corner balance or you’ll be in it for less money the height adjustable doesn’t gain you a ton.

I guess the question is for how much can you get them for + the cancellers?

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Why not just keep the damptronic dampers you already bought have run and some mild lowering springs with them? Unless you’re trying to corner balance or you’ll be in it for less money the height adjustable doesn’t gain you a ton.

I guess the question is for how much can you get them for + the cancellers?
The dampers are busted and it would take three weeks to come in again. I have to ship everything back. B6 damptronics + springs is the same as b16 in cost, maybe a bit more; b16 is the superior product to that, no? Those asian garage deletes are not that pricey.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
... B6 damptronics + springs is the same as b16 in cost, maybe a bit more; b16 is the superior product to that, no?...
I would consider them completely different products that could be better depending on what you want from them. I wouldn't expect that B6 (Damptronics or not) and B16s are generally cross shopped. They only happen to be similar cost because you'd be getting B6 damptronics.

Before retrofitting DCC I ran B8s with lowering springs, then B6s with stock springs. I never once considered the B16s. Even assuming the softest B16 settings are as soft as the B6s I had no intention of making height/settings adjustments.

I ultimately did the DCC retrofit because I wasn't willing to give up my soft Golf ride for the (then) once a month canyon runs, where some stiffness is appreciated. If DCC retrofit had not been an option I would still be on B6s.