GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What a fucking bitch. Leather off the E brake was coming off. Bought a new one to replace it. Taking the old one off is impossible. You're supposed to pull on it. Nope. No way it's going anywhere. Cut that shit.
View attachment 300155

Hammer the new one on.
View attachment 300156
I got to change mine as well, the boot change to red to match my Recaro's pulled the leather loose. Looks jank and I can't have that. Trying to decide if I want billet aluminum red or black handle.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I have pictures of ZenCarbon building mine. I'd be happy to share if necessary.
Yeah, like noted The China factory’s send those process pics too btw. Zen carbon may be giving you a better website to order and view from but you can clearly see from their format its the same China wheels they are just another vendor like a aliexpress seller. As long as your only paying say a $100 up charge maybe the website and comfort navigation is worth the up charge, also as long as they don’t get drop shipped you do gain a another level of QC since “Jared/tommy/bob” of zen carbon is looking at it before they get ship it to you.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Should I get a FSB? I'm also wondering if I made a mistake purchasing that LCA kit.... But I figured why not if I'm already there. Read about a few members having clunking sounds with theirs, but it looks like that was limited to the fancier vesion of the kit.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Should I get a FSB? I'm also wondering if I made a mistake purchasing that LCA kit.... But I figured why not if I'm already there. Read about a few members having clunking sounds with theirs, but it looks like that was limited to the fancier vesion of the kit.
I just installed the same LCA a few weeks ago, no clunking from mine. Just make sure everything is torqued correctly.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You got the steel arms with offset caster bushings right? Mine lasted about an oil change until the bushings were cracked. Tried 3 different brands. I think the fancier balljoint version in the aluminum arms is likely to last longer.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Today more things were purchased. I canceled the Super Pro Control Arms because @scrllock broke his; he seems like a grouchy and trustworthy person, so I listened to him and got the BFI's instead.

gti.JPG