Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed

rr1santos

Ready to race!

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the quick feedback!

Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
It looks weird because it's set wayyyy to high for winter. Need some E85 to run this kind of boost as well.

Timing looks like absolute shit. Turn it down. Also, confirm Fuel/AFR Bias all set to 100.

https://datazap.me/u/dragk913/06jan-...og=0&data=1-11

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping I could make this work with a little tweaking.Also, Fuel Bias is all set to 100 (and FOL set to 45).

Originally Posted by rr1santos View Post
21.5 is super lean if that is your cruising afr read..are you sure you're reading it properly? I am GIAC tuned and stacked with the jb4 and I get 13-14.8 normal cruising..on WOT I get down to 11.5-12. only time I see a 20 for in instant is when I left off the gas or at a shift. other than that I never see anything above 15 at cruising..in any gear

edit: I just looked at your log and it looks weird..why are you getting the afr spike and drop in the middle of your pull? I would check your positap to make sure it is secured properly..what map setting are you at?

I'll double check the positap.
Map Settings are:
1500: 16
2000: 18
2500: 21
3000: 23
3500: 24
4000: 25
4500: 26
5000: 24
5500: 21
6000: 20
6500: 19
7000: 18

Fuel Bias is all set to 100.
FOL is set to 45.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Hi

you have exactly the same issue as I do. The trims stays flat sometimes at 40 sometimes below and afr rises during acceleration. It scares me to death all the time. How hot is your car, oil, cat? The engine goes lean to stay inside an efficient temperature window for the catalytic converter. If it is too cold or in the heating process it does that I recognized.
George told me not to be too scared about that, because the engine has a safety feature if egt is too hot. It dumps fuel if egt reaches 1050°C. This is independent from trims and also workes if fueling has reached a ceiling.
Your fueling doesn't seem to be maxed out so stay calm I think.

I'd been on the road for about an hour, although ambient temperature was around 20*F. Oil temp was roughly 210*F. Not sure of the cat/EGT temps though.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Have you shared log before? Can't say I've seen Giac+JB4 log. Would be interesting.

whats your email I can email it to you

rr1santos

Ready to race!

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Thanks for the suggestion, Diggs. I'll give that a go this afternoon!

have you been logging in the past and sending them to George with the settings you posted above? or did you just bump them up yourself? I usually try to send a log to George once a month based on fueling I'm using and ambient temp changes. just to make sure everything is running well. I have stack settings for 91 octane and meth only (which is actually also safe to run without meth as well) and more aggressive stack settings for e30 blend and meth

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
have you been logging in the past and sending them to George with the settings you posted above? or did you just bump them up yourself? I usually try to send a log to George once a month based on fueling I'm using and ambient temp changes. just to make sure everything is running well. I have stack settings for 91 octane and meth only (which is actually also safe to run without meth as well) and more aggressive stack settings for e30 blend and meth

I tune myself.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
I tune myself.

meant for drake sorry. what do you think if my log? I haven't ventured off on making adjustments myself..which I probably should. I might even test out the race file on its own with the current fueling I'm running.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Looks good. If you are consistently seeing a loss in timing I'd consider this to see if you could eliminate that dip. If it feels slower just put it back.

4000 2
4500 2
5000 2.5
5500 4
6000 4
6500 3
7000 2

Similar to this but keep the ramp up top as it seems to be doing fine:

https://datazap.me/u/rr1santos/giacjb4-stacked?log=0&data=1-3-4-11

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Looks good. If you are consistently seeing a loss in timing I'd consider this to see if you could eliminate that dip. If it feels slower just put it back.

4000 2
4500 2
5000 2.5
5500 4
6000 4
6500 3
7000 2

Similar to this but keep the ramp up top as it seems to be doing fine:

https://datazap.me/u/rr1santos/giacjb4-stacked?log=0&data=1-3-4-11

Started to rain out of no where here if roads are dry enough I will test this in combo of what George suggested adding 1psi 6-7krpm