GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

Daument

Ready to race!
Pull the insulating cover back a few inches and install the tap. If you need to remove it the insulating cover will hide the small pinprick in the afr wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daument

Ready to race!
Set it to map 4 then unplug and flash the car. Then when you plug the OBD again you don't need to remember to put it in map 4. Map 0 can also be used. With the current JB4 firmware its vital the OBD is plugged in because without that signal it will add 4psi going to its safety map. We doing a new version soon where when the OBD is unplugged it will add more boost. There are more and more people stacking so its safer this way in the long run I guess.

FWIW.... here’s what a Unitronic stage 2 93oct log looks like on a bone stock (JB4 on map4) ‘17 golf R. I decided to do a single pull in third before the downpipe goes on for a baseline. Looks like many throttle adjustments going on. The weather was sunny and clear with air temp at 40f.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
FWIW.... here’s what a Unitronic stage 2 93oct log looks like on a bone stock (JB4 on map4) ‘17 golf R. I decided to do a single pull in third before the downpipe goes on for a baseline. Looks like many throttle adjustments going on. The weather was sunny and clear with air temp at 40f.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Throttle adjustments are normal on the R. Log looks great.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Good morning, gents!

Would anyone be willing to look over this 3rd-4th gear log?

I'm trying to work out a new tune (shooting for 26psi!), but I'm worried about my AFR. The average AFR for this log is 14.32, but it spikes as high as 23.3 for one cell in the CSV (and stays around 21.5 for three cells in CSV). I hope I'm just worried for nothing, but I figured I'd check with the gang here:)

Datazap Link!

Thanks!
Austin

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Good morning, gents!

I'm trying to work out a new tune (shooting for 26psi!), but I'm worried about my AFR. The average AFR for this log is 14.32, but it spikes as high as 23.3 for one cell in the CSV (and stays around 21.5 for three cells in CSV). I hope I'm just worried for nothing, but I figured I'd check with the gang here:)

Datazap Link!

Thanks!
Austin

21.5 is super lean if that is your cruising afr read..are you sure you're reading it properly? I am GIAC tuned and stacked with the jb4 and I get 13-14.8 normal cruising..on WOT I get down to 11.5-12. only time I see a 20 for in instant is when I left off the gas or at a shift. other than that I never see anything above 15 at cruising..in any gear

edit: I just looked at your log and it looks weird..why are you getting the afr spike and drop in the middle of your pull? I would check your positap to make sure it is secured properly..what map setting are you at?

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Good morning, gents!

Datazap Link!

Thanks!
Austin

Hi

you have exactly the same issue as I do. The trims stays flat sometimes at 40 sometimes below and afr rises during acceleration. It scares me to death all the time. How hot is your car, oil, cat? The engine goes lean to stay inside an efficient temperature window for the catalytic converter. If it is too cold or in the heating process it does that I recognized.
George told me not to be too scared about that, because the engine has a safety feature if egt is too hot. It dumps fuel if egt reaches 1050°C. This is independent from trims and also workes if fueling has reached a ceiling.
Your fueling doesn't seem to be maxed out so stay calm I think.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
21.5 is super lean if that is your cruising afr read..are you sure you're reading it properly? I am GIAC tuned and stacked with the jb4 and I get 13-14.8 normal cruising..on WOT I get down to 11.5-12. only time I see a 20 for in instant is when I left off the gas or at a shift. other than that I never see anything above 15 at cruising..in any gear

edit: I just looked at your log and it looks weird..why are you getting the afr spike and drop in the middle of your pull? I would check your positap to make sure it is secured properly..what map setting are you at?

It looks weird because it's set wayyyy to high for winter. Need some E85 to run this kind of boost as well.

Timing looks like absolute shit. Turn it down. Also, confirm Fuel/AFR Bias all set to 100.

https://datazap.me/u/dragk913/06jan-26psi-tune?log=0&data=1-11