GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATP Turbo

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nah you're in the 350-360whp range typically on pump gas. Maybe a tune piggybacked with JB1+WMI could gain a bit more, bit won't hit 400. I think RJ is one, if not the, highest at 381whp on either 100oct or race gas

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Another thing, considering dyno variations and all that, I'd say the 350ish range is accurate for OTS bolt on pump gas setups.

Even though the is38 is pretty good at top end, the torque still falls off up high where a bigger turbo won't. If that sounds like something you want, a turbo upgrade versus maxing out the is38 is for you.

Also a consideration for FWD, the softer later torque of a big turbo can actually help traction, if you tune it that way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I would be happy with a reliable 400/450WHP solution. Something like the is38 bolt on. This is my daily driver, but price does pay a big role of course. I do not know if I would be able to pay more than $2k for a turbo

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I would be happy with a reliable 400/450WHP solution. Something like the is38 bolt on. This is my daily driver, but price does pay a big role of course. I do not know if I would be able to pay more than $2k for a turbo
Your $2k limit, is that just for the turbo, or for everything to support 400-450whp? Because if $2k for the turbo is stretching your budget, you aren't going to like tuning/supporting mods/upkeep for an engine making 70% more power than stock. Turbo upgrades are the gateway to spending too much money on a car.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Go IS38 and upgrade to a TTE later on. That way the expense is spread out :p

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Your $2k limit, is that just for the turbo, or for everything to support 400-450whp? Because if $2k for the turbo is stretching your budget, you aren't going to like tuning/supporting mods/upkeep for an engine making 70% more power than stock. Turbo upgrades are the gateway to spending too much money on a car.

i am talking $2k for the turbo only..
I already got south bend stage III endurance clutch... i am ready for the power...

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
At those levels, the clutch isn't your only power restriction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
At those levels, the clutch isn't your only power restriction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

what else do you think is needed?
I think other than DP and clutch you probably do not need anything else.

options that would be nice, but are not a must are Intercooler and intake

I do not know of anything else that is really needed. Thanks

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
what else do you think is needed?

I think other than DP and clutch you probably do not need anything else.

options that would be nice, but are not a must are Intercooler and intake

I do not know of anything else that is really needed. Thanks

At those levels, an intercooler is definitely needed. And an intake won't hurt. We are talking far, far above stock power at this point. The stock intercooler is almost maxed out before you even tune the car. Also, upgraded engine, trans, and dogbone mounts are definitely needed, as I'm hearing many are going soft after 10k of Stage 2 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelzonepr

Nah you're in the 350-360whp range typically on pump gas. Maybe a tune piggybacked with JB1+WMI could gain a bit more, bit won't hit 400. I think RJ is one, if not the, highest at 381whp on either 100oct or race gas

We manage to get 394 WHP; APR stage 2+ IS38 93 oct file, APR DSG TCU, AEM meth injection and 93 oct pump gas with E85. We are looking forward to pass the 400 whp very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 639

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Your dyno numbers are great, but without comparison graphs to see how that dyno stacks up it's impossible to compare. If you always tune on the same dyno you can track your improvements, which is what it's designed for. Not being negative, just stating a fact. A dyno is a great tuning tool for YOU, but without comparison dyno's it doesn't mean much to everyone else.

EDIT: Just took a second look and noticed it was a Dynojet dyno, which typically reads high. Again, not trying to rain on your parade but to be able to say you're pulling 400whp, you'd want to hit up a few other dynos to solidify that number.

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya I imagine with WMI you could get closer to 400whp. some great numbers though!

How much e85 you running in your blend?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Ya I imagine with WMI you could get closer to 400whp. some great numbers though!

How much e85 you running in your blend?

I'd be interested to know the E85 amount as well. I wonder how much any of that is helping after a certain point, since APR claims to have hit MBT on 93 Octane IS38 tunes, where they saw no more power with 100 octane. I know E85 is "special" and not just about an octane number, but if more timing doesn't create more power it's hard to justify. Just more of a safety measure at that point than a power adder.

Nelzone, do you have any other dynos of your car from previous mods?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya and with WMI, a lot of the cooling provided by e85 wouldn't do much more.

DynoJets tend to be the middle ground standard for dynos. Dynapack's numbers are high and Mustang's are low.