GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATP Turbo

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
A GTX3071R can definitely push more than 450whp, I've seen 500+ on a MK6 GTI, on a dyno that isn't fluff. Just by flow rate it should be capable of 550 with all the right bits, fueling included of course.

Here's a map comparison between the GTX3071R and the GT3071R:
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/images/release111110/GTX3071RandGT3071Roverlap.jpg

Slower to spool sure, but with 56lbs of flow, it's got much headroom over the GT30. There are also GTX29 turbos out there that will get you 450hp, if you want better spool characteristics with the GTX compressor.

Either way it all comes down to getting fuel for it, so I'm hoping we see more options there soon.

Sorry, I should have clarified I was referring to pump (91 or 93) octane guessing those numbers.

I was forgetting the GTX had the billet wheel so that is the big bonus. Granted 7000@25psi only uses 42lbs, but if you get valvetrain, it would be nice to have the room to take it to 8000rpm.

I'd love to see a GTX29 compressor map but can't find one online :\ GTX28 I think would be a little small.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Sorry, I should have clarified I was referring to pump (91 or 93) octane guessing those numbers.

I was forgetting the GTX had the billet wheel so that is the big bonus. Granted 7000@25psi only uses 42lbs, but if you get valvetrain, it would be nice to have the room to take it to 8000rpm.

I'd love to see a GTX29 compressor map but can't find one online :\ GTX28 I think would be a little small.
I was set on a gtx2971 for my mk6, just wanted 400whp on pump, but I could never find a graph for it. I've read it's a gt30 turbine with a GTX28-ish comp wheel, sort of an odd middle between gtx28, gt30 and gtx30.

And yeah, on pump gas sub 500 wheel for sure, regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya my goal is the same.. about 400whp. How much boost were you running?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Ya my goal is the same.. about 400whp. How much boost were you running?
Ah never went for the BT on the mk6, that's why I'm here! 400 wheel should be easy with stock fueling, I've just yet to see a tuner and hardware package that connects outside of APR. TTE looks promising, as well as ATP and CTS, but I won't go Eurodyne for tuning.

Come on Cobb!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Hehe, it's not really, but 450WHP is just the magic number I have in my head that I'd like to have the car at [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Or Jb4 with a flash back-end lol. I'm hoping for some custom tuning options soon!

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Agreed 450/400 on 93 pump with half the $ tag of APR. Could take down some big dollar cars from a roll.