GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Wow.. searched for exhaust options and came across this thread.. I guess the uproar subsided before I logged in researching the GTI before my purchase..

I had no clue..

VW4Lyfe

Passed Driver's Ed
Amazing to see this come out. I had endless issues with the APR RSC exhaust on my B8 S4 (weird resonance, whistles, etc), and APR was pretty unforthcoming through the whole experience. I guess this explains it.

DARTH_GTI

I'm appalled to see this from APR. I have had several cars now with APR products and have reached out to them about the MK7 not being on sale like the MK6 was during the seasonal sales which is when I buy my parts and upgrades. Now they aren't doing the sales for our cars and charging us more for the new reflash and to upgrade if we don't buy their downpipe? If that isn't monopoly itself but I am quite disappointed to be reading this and seeing that they can't own up to their own mistakes. I was a loyal customer but now I'm turned.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
so its been 4 months now and APR is hoping that your forgot about this....

I haven't.
If I was going to do an exhaust or tune, it wouldn't be APR.

Zchocolatemoose

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm confused, should I trust APR or not? Over priced or worth it? At the very least I'm less than impressed with their response to this forum. I'm pretty New to the GTI fam though.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
So I'm confused, should I trust APR or not? Over priced or worth it? At the very least I'm less than impressed with their response to this forum. I'm pretty New to the GTI fam though.

Do your own research rather than having others fill your head with BS. Yes they had this exhaust issue from a bad contractor, yes they had some financial issues and changed majority ownership recently. They have also been in the industry for over 17 years and are VW's largest North American based tuning company. People with issues will always be 10x more willing to speak out than a satisfied customer, so take that into consideration too.

RaysMK7GTI

Ready to race!
Do your own research rather than having others fill your head with BS. Yes they had this exhaust issue from a bad contractor, yes they had some financial issues and changed majority ownership recently. They have also been in the industry for over 17 years and are VW's largest North American based tuning company. People with issues will always be 10x more willing to speak out than a satisfied customer, so take that into consideration too.

He hit the nail right on the head!!

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT

What do you mean? Arin responds very quickly to pretty much any issue. Especially with their rev 1.1 where power would fall off dramatically towards the top end. Customers criticized it and they fixed it. Pretty good response if you asked me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewfus_330iBMW

Corse doesn't qualify as a "bad contractor". They built what they were told to build, then were thrown under the bus when it went bad.

BTW, Corsa is now making their own exhaust for the MkVII.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
You know after reading all this back n forth babble with points that largely do not come close to confirming (or denying) the OP's original accusations of the exhaust, etc., I find myself thinking about all of this as one clear "made up" scenario based on my real life career experiences.

I'm a cook. In this instance, I am APR's band of marketing "experts" looking to make a fat bill. Here we're speaking about a certain exhaust, I think of it as I have fresh eggs I just got in, came from a local chicken farm I just hired to produce eggs for me.

After receiving the eggs, I held them improperly, let em sit out, and then hours later I cooked them up for some customers, but again improperly (those who have any clue about cooking/sanitation should get me).

First opinion from the customers is the eggs look and taste great because of all the extra crap I put in them, the hashbrowns and fruit that went with it, not to mention the decadent fancy looking plate it was on served by a well-dressed waiter.

However a few hours later my manager starts receiving call after call from each customer reporting sickness thought to be from the food they ate earlier. After decidedly putting off the calls for several days, a group of the customers who knew each other show up at my restaurant and demand compensation or that something be done about their obvious food poisoning. After spending a length of time touring the customers around the kitchen, showing them pointless shit like the ovens the potatoes were cooked in, and some sanitation grade sheet that somehow shows a perfect 100, etc. etc. the customers finally have had enough and demand something be done.

Without any other course of action, nothing else to "prove", I hand the customers a piece of paper with the local chicken farmer's name and number on it, I wish them a good day, I push them out the back door and then proceed back inside to prepare some medium-rare grilled chicken breasts for a brand new set of eager customers!

I've been around the modding world for years, seen lots of good and bad. APR isn't the only one to pull this kind of shit. Anyone who knows SPM knows WELL the kind of shit I'm speaking of. I had a brake kit from them that turned into a nightmare which then ended up in me speaking directly with the owner, Steve, and having one of the nastiest screaming matches back and forth with him simply because he could not own up to a faulty product, accept the return and refund the money (which with him was all I was after in the first place). Point is, some people, some companies, are so diluted in their own grandeur and "fame" that when the shit actually hits the fan, they don't have any other recourse but to just throw it back at the customers. I let slip this entire situation I had with SPM on the mk6 forums via several threads, one of which was locked much like in the APR situation. Saw a couple meager attempts by obvious SPM "friends and employees" posing as new members trying to put shit against me, etc. which certainly did not work. Until eventually it stopped. Since then I've seen SPM's business dwindle to hardly anything, most of their supporting distributors have dropped them, those that still handle them list products that are all backordered with no eta of delivery. Thing about SPM also was that most of their products were sourced from other manufacturers, namely their exhausts and brakes, all of course though with the SPM brands and logos as if it was ALL their very own.

I guess to me this, as well as the other numerous threads on the mk6/5 forums as stated, just remind me of the screaming matches I, the customer, had with the OWNER of a company over what should have been a simple procedure to accept fault and appease me to get me coming back for more business.

I guess for now, all we can do is wait to see production dwindle, distributors backing off and otherwise general business failure if that truly is the route APR is going in..

Yes, I did well in High school english:rolleyes:

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
You know after reading all this back n forth babble with points that largely do not come close to confirming (or denying) the OP's original accusations of the exhaust, etc., I find myself thinking about all of this as one clear "made up" scenario based on my real life career experiences.

I'm a cook. In this instance, I am APR's band of marketing "experts" looking to make a fat bill. Here we're speaking about a certain exhaust, I think of it as I have fresh eggs I just got in, came from a local chicken farm I just hired to produce eggs for me.

After receiving the eggs, I held them improperly, let em sit out, and then hours later I cooked them up for some customers, but again improperly (those who have any clue about cooking/sanitation should get me).

First opinion from the customers is the eggs look and taste great because of all the extra crap I put in them, the hashbrowns and fruit that went with it, not to mention the decadent fancy looking plate it was on served by a well-dressed waiter.

However a few hours later my manager starts receiving call after call from each customer reporting sickness thought to be from the food they ate earlier. After decidedly putting off the calls for several days, a group of the customers who knew each other show up at my restaurant and demand compensation or that something be done about their obvious food poisoning. After spending a length of time touring the customers around the kitchen, showing them pointless shit like the ovens the potatoes were cooked in, and some sanitation grade sheet that somehow shows a perfect 100, etc. etc. the customers finally have had enough and demand something be done.

Without any other course of action, nothing else to "prove", I hand the customers a piece of paper with the local chicken farmer's name and number on it, I wish them a good day, I push them out the back door and then proceed back inside to prepare some medium-rare grilled chicken breasts for a brand new set of eager customers!

I've been around the modding world for years, seen lots of good and bad. APR isn't the only one to pull this kind of shit. Anyone who knows SPM knows WELL the kind of shit I'm speaking of. I had a brake kit from them that turned into a nightmare which then ended up in me speaking directly with the owner, Steve, and having one of the nastiest screaming matches back and forth with him simply because he could not own up to a faulty product, accept the return and refund the money (which with him was all I was after in the first place). Point is, some people, some companies, are so diluted in their own grandeur and "fame" that when the shit actually hits the fan, they don't have any other recourse but to just throw it back at the customers. I let slip this entire situation I had with SPM on the mk6 forums via several threads, one of which was locked much like in the APR situation. Saw a couple meager attempts by obvious SPM "friends and employees" posing as new members trying to put shit against me, etc. which certainly did not work. Until eventually it stopped. Since then I've seen SPM's business dwindle to hardly anything, most of their supporting distributors have dropped them, those that still handle them list products that are all backordered with no eta of delivery. Thing about SPM also was that most of their products were sourced from other manufacturers, namely their exhausts and brakes, all of course though with the SPM brands and logos as if it was ALL their very own.

I guess to me this, as well as the other numerous threads on the mk6/5 forums as stated, just remind me of the screaming matches I, the customer, had with the OWNER of a company over what should have been a simple procedure to accept fault and appease me to get me coming back for more business.

I guess for now, all we can do is wait to see production dwindle, distributors backing off and otherwise general business failure if that truly is the route APR is going in..

Yes, I did well in High school english:rolleyes:

"High output" APR tune = medium-rare grilled chicken breast :rolleyes: