GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Where did APR ever acknowledge the issue and make it right with their customers? I don't have any skin in the game...but I think if that actually happened, then these threads wouldn't keep getting revived time and time again. I mean look at their new mk7 exhaust thread. They post about a new exhaust product, someone links this thread, and they go to emcon again. They haven't responded to this thread since December. At least respond with a canned comment about how you empirically debunked the claim, or acknowledged the issue and made it right. It's not that hard. And if they've already done it, good on them and let's put this to bed for crying out loud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree with you. To me, I haven't had a problem with them at all and I just got done buying a downpipe from them as well so until they do me wrong I'll hold my judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My .02. Back in 2001 I got an APR tune. It was defective. The car kept stalling the next morning on cold startup. I needed to drive 400 miles to a dealer for a fix. Did they offer any compensation for my time, gas and time off work? No. Management's fault for introducing a tune before it was ready?

Using "it was the management's fault" is nonsense. Employees are the ones fielding the calls about problems. I'm guessing they knew what was going on. If so, they should have had enough integrity to quit.

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Where did APR ever acknowledge the issue and make it right with their customers? I don't have any skin in the game...but I think if that actually happened, then these threads wouldn't keep getting revived time and time again. I mean look at their new mk7 exhaust thread. They post about a new exhaust product, someone links this thread, and they go to emcon again. They haven't responded to this thread since December. At least respond with a canned comment about how you empirically debunked the claim, or acknowledged the issue and made it right. It's not that hard. And if they've already done it, good on them and let's put this to bed for crying out loud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So you are going to blame the new ownership for the old owners mistakes? If the new ownership is producing great products and giving great customer support why should they be judged for something they had absolutely no control over? It's not logical to bring up old issues that are irrelevant to new ownership, new management and new products. The only question a prospective customer should be asking is how are current customers being treated? What is the satisfaction level of current customers with current products?

Show me some unhappy customers with the new APR. Show me some bad products from the new APR and I'll join the boycott. The people everybody is mad at sold the company and are long gone. I don't care how angry old customers might be but they are not persuasive if they don't make sense...

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I bought one of their 'RSC' systems for my MKV (or was it MKIV? I don't even remember now). I loved it. Nice and quiet puttin around town and some grunt when you were on it. No drone. Replaced a Miltek system and it was way better.

Each to their own I guess.

It was the MK5 and I had the same system APR RSC 3" TBE, I always knew it was a Private Label Corsa system.

I have the same conclusion as you.

It was hands down the best exhaust I have ever had.

Stock silent cruising around town below 4K and on the highway just like stock... 0 drone.

Then above 4K the thing came alive and really belted an amazing tune. The exhaust also had some small pops and gurgles when decelerating.

So when the one was cut up and the internet rage/fury gang started grabbing pitchforks I defended it.

I have yet to change my mind. As long as the system performed like my car I had no problems with what it was stuffed with because it worked.

A truly no compromise exhaust, the first one at have ever and have had since.

They could have jammed it packed with old iPhones, Justin Beiber CD's and Toenails for all I care. It worked.