GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Zach L

VR junkie
Looks good! Pics looking down side of car? Side profile doesn't convey much.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Mine sits just fine

I meant more of why such a meaty tire on a staggered setup. If you want function it's gonna keep the back end from rotating. If you're going for looks then that wide of a tire is going to keep you from going low. Just seems to be a mix of two different styles but not really accomplishing either one very well. My opinion of course.

Moschris

Ready to race!
I meant more of why such a meaty tire on a staggered setup. If you want function it's gonna keep the back end from rotating. If you're going for looks then that wide of a tire is going to keep you from going low. Just seems to be a mix of two different styles but not really accomplishing either one very well. My opinion of course.

Oh ok, I see where youre coming from. Youre right with the rear tire, im probably going to end up going with a smaller tire in the rear. I was just able to get the rear ones for cheap so i went with that size.. :D

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Oh ok, I see where youre coming from. Youre right with the rear tire, im probably going to end up going with a smaller tire in the rear. I was just able to get the rear ones for cheap so i went with that size.. :D

That makes sense. Car looks good overall. Downsize to a 225/40 in the rear or a 215/40 all around and lower it some more, it will look great!!

Zach L

VR junkie
Love these wheels! If/when I have a Mk7 these will be the shoes it will sport

_baz

Ready to race!
I have some RH splits that I was going to run on my A4 but in thinking of keeping them for the GTI when it arrives.

Rears are 19x10J ET49 has anyone ran 10J rears without issue ? Will only be dropping the car on VWR springs so looking to run a meaty tyre if possible. (Currently have 215/35/19)

Zach L

VR junkie
I have some RH splits that I was going to run on my A4 but in thinking of keeping them for the GTI when it arrives.

Rears are 19x10J ET49 has anyone ran 10J rears without issue ? Will only be dropping the car on VWR springs so looking to run a meaty tyre if possible. (Currently have 215/35/19)
Those wheels will poke 3mm LESS than the red GTI in the post directly above yours, so rubbing the fenders shouldn't be much of an issue. Your bigger concern will be hitting the inside edge of the wheels and tires on the factory suspension. Coilovers are narrower than factory suspension since the factory shocks have a large spring perch the factory springs sit on, which you'll still be using. If it rubs on the inside, consider full coilovers to gain probably 1.5" of extra clearance more than stock.

BTW a 1" wider wheel will poke 12.7mm further outward toward the fender. So use that number to compare wheels then make slight adjustment for any difference in offset.

_baz

Ready to race!
The inside clearance is what I am concerned about. If they won't work then I'll just sell them and buy something else. the plan with this car is to keep the drop subtle (I've ran Air on my last 3 cars and have been down the stance route) don't really want to put on coils if the VWR springs will do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach L

VR junkie
Just get coilovers. The only way you won't end up wanting/getting them anyway is if you get rid of the car soon lol

_baz

Ready to race!
Just get coilovers. The only way you won't end up wanting/getting them anyway is if you get rid of the car soon lol

You are probably 100% correct there but I have to at least try and be sensible this time around ! Lmao

Give it a year and I'll be bagged, stage 2, chassis notched and running stupid offsets with bacon fenders from the rubbing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhuang510

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, so I ordered a set of spacers 15mm Rear 10mm Fronts over black Friday weekend assuming they'd go on my stock Austins but recently came across a local ad for Miro Type 111's at a great price
Wheel Specs: 18x8.5 +35ET
I am currently set up on BC Coilovers that are still set at factory specs (unadjusted)

Wondering if these wheels could be used with the spacers? My main concern is the offset. And also recommendations for tire size? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

frgr8r

Passed Driver's Ed
I have wheels those same specs. they won't work with the spacers. They will be boderline poking without. I run 225/40's at pretty much the same height that you're at with no issues. I had the alignment adjusted so that both front and rear camber are even at around -1*. That makes the front and rear tires appear pretty much equally flush.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

jhuang510

Passed Driver's Ed
I have wheels those same specs. they won't work with the spacers. They will be boderline poking without. I run 225/40's at pretty much the same height that you're at with no issues. I had the alignment adjusted so that both front and rear camber are even at around -1*. That makes the front and rear tires appear pretty much equally flush.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Did you require a camber kit to adjust the rears?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk