GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

m3incorp

Ready to race!
Did you ever get this setup installed? Pics? Any issues? What offsets? I'm thinking the rears would fit no problem but the fronts would rub unless a really high offset.

I am putting Michelin PSS 245/35r19´s on Neuspeed 19x9 Rse10´s next week, doy you think I will have rubbing issues? Do you have any with 235´s?

cjl

Rotiform BLQ DDT - Just fitted this afternoon.....

Fitted about 1 hour ago:

Rotiform BLQ DDT - 19x8.5

Front: 19x8.5 ET35 - Michelin PSS 235.35.19
Rear: 19x8.5 ET35 - Michelin PSS 245.35.19

H&R Springs + Fender Screw Mod

Will post better pictures when it stops raining.....

Last edited:

jasonturbo1

Passed Driver's Ed
19x8 +35 fit at stock height or lowered on H&R springs?

Friend has a set of OZ's I can have for direct cheap.. just not confident on offset and width.

Would also prefer to use stock tire size, so take that into consideration.

Thx

m3incorp

Ready to race!
CJL have you noticed any understeer with the rears being slightly wider? Looks good, does it rub at all in tight turns or with passengers??

Also your front tire sizes are Diameter = 25.5"Width = 9.25"Wheel = 19"Sidewall = 3.24"Circumference = 80"Revs/Mile = 792

Rears are Diameter = 25.8"Width = 9.65"Wheel = 19"Sidewall = 3.38"Circumference = 80.9"Revs/Mile = 783.6

Are you experiencing any ESC issues since the Revs/Mile are slightly different?

I do like your setup.

Last edited:

cjl

CJL have you noticed any understeer with the rears being slightly wider? Looks good, does it rub at all in tight turns or with passengers??

Also your front tire sizes are Diameter = 25.5"Width = 9.25"Wheel = 19"Sidewall = 3.24"Circumference = 80"Revs/Mile = 792

Rears are Diameter = 25.8"Width = 9.65"Wheel = 19"Sidewall = 3.38"Circumference = 80.9"Revs/Mile = 783.6

Are you experiencing any ESC issues since the Revs/Mile are slightly different?

I do like your setup.

So, I haven't had the new rims on long enough, or driven hard enough, to notice any problems with understeer. But his is affected by the fact that there is some rubbing (mainly over undulations) and I'm not going to push too hard until I have that sorted out.

I'll be fitting some adjustable front camber plates to the factory non-adjustable front end, and dialling in some -ve camber to the adjustable rear end. Say between -1 and - 2 degrees of camber front and back, then I'll see how it goes.

The rolling circumference for the 235's is 1973mm, the 245's is 1997mm, so the 245 is only 1.2% difference. To me that seems so small that it couldn't possibly make a difference, just having different tyre wear rates front to back would cause that same difference, or changing front or rear tyres at different times would also have the same effect. The rear 245's on the car have 10,000km on them so they are slightly worn anyway, so rolling circumference is probably the same.

No ESC issues noticed so far.

Thanks

elicayan

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, if not please direct me to the correct thread.

Anyways I recently changed my wheels to 19" with 235x35xr19 tires on it, while cruising at a speed of 100kph and up i feel a little vibration on the steering wheel, I would like to know how to eliminate the vibration.

The garage who installed my wheels have already aligned/balanced and changed the hub centric rings but still the vibration is there.

Thanks!

Zach L

VR junkie
Depends what height the coilovers are set at, of course, but should be just fine. That's not too aggressive for the Mk7 plus KW coilovers have never been capable of going too low.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, if not please direct me to the correct thread.

Anyways I recently changed my wheels to 19" with 235x35xr19 tires on it, while cruising at a speed of 100kph and up i feel a little vibration on the steering wheel, I would like to know how to eliminate the vibration.

The garage who installed my wheels have already aligned/balanced and changed the hub centric rings but still the vibration is there.

Thanks!

Post your wheels specs

Moschris

Ready to race!
18x8 ET35 wrapped with 225-40-18 in the front 18x9 ET35 wrapped with 255-35-18 in the back on BC coilovers, thinking of having -2 degrees of camber in front and -2.5 in the back

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
18x8 ET35 wrapped with 225-40-18 in the front 18x9 ET35 wrapped with 255-35-18 in the back on BC coilovers, thinking of having -2 degrees of camber in front and -2.5 in the back

Why.

The rear would work and be functional at +45.

Aknedude

Passed Driver's Ed

1. Go with 19" instead of 18"
2. 255/35-18 will look wierd go with 235/35-18 instead, i also think that ET 35 would be too much. ET40 will fit much better.

Moschris

Ready to race!
Fitted about 1 hour ago:

Rotiform BLQ DDT - 19x8.5

Front: 19x8.5 ET35 - Michelin PSS 235.35.19
Rear: 19x8.5 ET35 - Michelin PSS 245.35.19

H&R Springs + Fender Screw Mod

Will post better pictures when it stops raining.....

I have a similar set up to yours, what is this fender screw mod that you've done?