GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Ricksterr3

Hey guys, so I ordered a set of spacers 15mm Rear 10mm Fronts over black Friday weekend assuming they'd go on my stock Austins but recently came across a local ad for Miro Type 111's at a great price
Wheel Specs: 18x8.5 +35ET
I am currently set up on BC Coilovers that are still set at factory specs (unadjusted)

Wondering if these wheels could be used with the spacers? My main concern is the offset. And also recommendations for tire size? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What brand of window visors?

dosa

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone. I need some help on determining whether this setup would work:

18x9 ET48 square setup. I'd like to go with a 235/40/18 tire and my drop would be 1.3" all around or more. Haven't decided on getting VWR/H&R springs or just going coilovers.

Would I have any issues with this setup? Ideally I wouldn't want to have too much stretch but a slight stretch would be OK, especially since the wheel is so wide. Would anyone suggest going 225/40/18 instead to make this work if the 235 setup doesn't? Thanks for any input.

willembryne

Hi everyone
Can anyone help me on my Mk7 Golf 1.8T
Im new to tuning , i got APR stage 1 , H&R super sports lowering springs
I was thinking to get APR Downpipe and stage 2 tune
And i might get the Niche Targa M130s on 19x8.5 all around or maybe 18X8
Which one is better? 19x8.5 wont rub or mess up the fenders right?
And what tires specs are the best for it?
Thanks in advance

Mk7 / APR Stage 1 / H&R Super Sports

Zach L

VR junkie
There is no way to know how a wheel fits if you only provide diameter and width. The offset aka backspacing also must be known. The offset lets you know how much it will poke out or tuck in from the fender.

willembryne

There is no way to know how a wheel fits if you only provide diameter and width. The offset aka backspacing also must be known. The offset lets you know how much it will poke out or tuck in from the fender.

19x8.5 ET42 5x112
Or should i get 18x8 ET42 5x112 with pilots 225/35/18?

Zach L

VR junkie
You will be fine with either wheel and either tire size. Those sizes are not what I'd call aggressive, more normal sizes really. The post below has someone running 19x8.5 et43 with 235/35/19 tires on VWR springs and no extra rear camber, and he says he doesn't rub. When all other measurements are the same, an et42 wheel pokes outward 1mm more than an et43 wheel. That is a tiny amount so you shouldn't have a problem.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=209221&postcount=437

Last edited:

willembryne

You will be fine with either wheel and either tire size. Those sizes are not what I'd call aggressive, more normal sizes really. The post below has someone running 19x8.5 et43 with 235/35/19 tires on VWR springs and no extra rear camber, and he says he doesn't rub. When all other measurements are the same, an et42 wheel pokes outward 1mm more than an et43 wheel. That is a tiny amount so you shouldn't have a problem.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=209221&postcount=437

Thank you so much zach[emoji1360]

NJMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Have a 2016 Golf R and 18 X 8.5 ET 45 VMR 702 inbound (thanks Victor!). On a stock suspension with DCC I think I can safely run the 235/40/18 tire with no issues. Am I right?

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Wheel fitment question here from a new owner. I have some 18x9.5 +38 WedsSport SA-10Rs from my WRX. I've seen a few set ups from others running 9.5" wheels and was wondering if I could make these work with some wobble bolts? I know 9.5 is pushing it especially w/ the +38 offset, but if I could save myself some $$ and keep some great wheels that would be fantastic.

cj_gti

Ready to race!
Wheel fitment question here from a new owner. I have some 18x9.5 +38 WedsSport SA-10Rs from my WRX. I've seen a few set ups from others running 9.5" wheels and was wondering if I could make these work with some wobble bolts? I know 9.5 is pushing it especially w/ the +38 offset, but if I could save myself some $$ and keep some great wheels that would be fantastic.

Stock ride height should fit, if you are lowered you might want to consider wheel spacers and rolling your fenders

Build thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13099

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Awesome. Might order some wobble bolts this weekend then for a test fit. Now I'll just have to figure out what tire size I'll need (they currently have 245/40s) I'll eventually be adding some ST X coils and will check out spacers when I cross that bridge.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Stock ride height should fit, if you are lowered you might want to consider wheel spacers and rolling your fenders

Build thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13099

Why exactly would he want to consider spacers on his proposed setup?

Awesome. Might order some wobble bolts this weekend then for a test fit. Now I'll just have to figure out what tire size I'll need (they currently have 245/40s) I'll eventually be adding some ST X coils and will check out spacers when I cross that bridge.

Here is 18x9.5 +40 square with a 205/40 tire. Minimal camber in the rear, lowered on BC extreme drop coils. I hurt my rear fender on this setup.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Yours was one of the setups I was basing my decision off of. I probably won't be going that low bc the streets in KC are pretty terrible. Is a 205/40 the widest tire that will clear? That seems really narrow for a 9.5" wheel.

Also, what all did you do w/ the fenders to get that fitment? I read about removing the screw and bending the tab and all that.