GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
May be a dumb question but why change plugs if you pulled them and they look good? I know mileage may be a factor but if they aren't misfiring and look as good as those do I would've kept them and checked again next oil change.

I changed them annually (usually between 12k - 14k miles) regardless of what they look like because NGK Ruth's are cheap as dirt. It's like $35 for the set of 4. Sure, it's unnecessary, but when they're that cheap, why not?

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I changed them annually (usually between 12k - 14k miles) regardless of what they look like because NGK Ruth's are cheap as dirt. It's like $35 for the set of 4. Sure, it's unnecessary, but when they're that cheap, why not?
$35 for piece of mind is quite cheap. No gaskets or anything else required? I know the dodge 3.6Ls require new intake manifold gaskets. Might have to do mine soon.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
plugs are the easiest job on these cars. people love changing them. you can make yourself feel even more useful with some dielectric grease on the boots.
Every time i change mine and do an oil change i feel like a mekanik

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
plugs are the easiest job on these cars. people love changing them. you can make yourself feel even more useful with some dielectric grease on the boots.

Let's not overcomplicate things here...

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
This thread is too difficult to navigate lol, did the Cobb dp cause a CEL?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This thread is too difficult to navigate lol, did the Cobb dp cause a CEL?

~700 or so miles in so far, and nothing yet. All related monitors check off on readiness.

1710251492759.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)