GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 years ago today, my life changed forever...

Wow man, I remember when you sold the 06 for the element (and the jokes that came about regrets of hte gti). Thought i had seen you pop up on various forums since then but had no idea about the crash.

Glad to see you made it through and are getting back in a VW.

I had a crash on my bike july 5th 2003, just me crested a hill bike unweighted and it came out from under me. Not even close to what you went through but still painful. I was actually just looking at the scar on my shoulder this morning while changing after the gym, hadn't thought about it in a while but for some reason this morning just stood there starring at it in the mirror.

Scars? You wanna talk about scars? My stomach looks like a rail yard LOL. It's all good though, I'm Italian/Greek so the hair kinda covers some of it. Sorry to hear about your crash but I'm glad you got away with it not being worse!

I was on the Kawi riders forum, the Accord forums, Element Owners Club and Ridgeline Owners club since GolfMKV.com.

Jesus man. Glad everything is ok. Welcome to the Mk6 forums....and you DEFINITELY have made your mark.

Thank you, good to be here :) I was just going over some of my old posts from GolfMKV.com. Funny seeing that the HID bulb DIY thread and the Forge spike thread still exist.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Damn!!! Reading this makes me appreciate having a close family even more. Family and loved ones will always be by one's side.

Your life on two wheels:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Your life on four wheels:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice to hear things are falling in place for you...and welcome back to the VW crowd.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Wow...that's some roller coaster you've been through. can't even imagine what you went through/ still going through. I remember I saw what was left of a biker's boot and the wreath at the crash site on my route home the following day... Since then I changed my mind about getting a bike since then.

The other thing about something like this is you finally realize how many lives you touched. I'd had friends I hadn't seen in years come to the hospital. One friend drove up from north Carolina to see me. It was surreal.

D Darko

Ready to race!
Wow man...thank you for sharing your story. I've been an avid rider for over 16 years, and I recently sold my last bike (FZ-1) because of my growing family. My wife has always highly disliked the fact that I ride for the obvious reasons, but I love it sooo much. I never wanted to give it up and was adamant about my passion for it. But, since our fourth child (finally got a girl!), priorities evolve and I realized I would rather spend that time with them more than riding, and I don't want them to grow up without a Dad. It's always the other guy or the random event and rarely us that is at fault, but the fact remains it's dangerous and I couldn't live with that. The GTI, and all the fun it brings, helped take the place of my bike and eased the transition. I'm really sorry to hear about all the things you and your family had to go through. However, sharing this without a doubt, will keep someone else safe. Hope to see you in your GTI out there on the road!

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I literally cannot form words at this moment.

Glad you're okay, and I'm glad you're on this forum!

:)

mikent256

Ready to race!
Wow that is an intense story.

Glad to hear you are doing better!! Sometimes the car addiction can be rough and expensive, and sometimes it saves your life.

Glad to hear you had such immense support through this all as well!

Thanks so much guys. Feeling the love! :wub:

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
It has its moments. The roughest parts are when the memories just flood back on their own. The impact, the pain, the hospital. It sucks something awful but I shake it off as much as I can and I move on.

The "immortal" feeling people who haven't been through something like this have is dead on. I knew how crazy life could be, and what could happen, but you never think it will be you or someone you love. You think you've prepared, or understand the risks of something as simple as waking up, but you just never know. Something like this really does change your perspective on a lot of things. I am so much more afraid now than I ever was, and not for my own safety or well being, but for the people I love. Knowing how bad things can get in an instant I'm so paranoid about losing my baby. I just need to know she's going to be ok. I tell her every single day multiple times a day that I love her. I'm so grateful she loves me as much. I don't let it consume me, I enjoy life as much as possible, but it's always in my mind.

Brother, I am sure glad you are still with us! Not gonna lie, I was crying so much that I had to go to the rest room to make it look like I had something in my eye. hehe.

Brother, I am sure glad you are still with us! Not gonna lie, I was crying so much that I had to go to the rest room to make it look like I had something in my eye. hehe.

Happy ending though!

edgary

Ready to race!
What an awesome story.

I'm glad you've found your peace and, more importantly, the love of your life. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
glad you're good now man.what a story. you probably will save lives.