GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 years ago today, my life changed forever...

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
Just wanted to say that im glad and happy your ok. I am a rider, i have been riding my motorcycle for the last 12 years and i started off solo and really just took off from there. First few years was rough because i really didnt have anyone to teach me or learn from, so i did my best and read books and watched videos just to prepare me more mentally. One thing i learned and many will say is that "There are two kinds of riders, those that been down and those that are going down" ever since hearing this i knew a crash would be inevitable especially riding in the crazy streets of miami, fl. I then linked up with a riding group and rode almost every night with them and really learned a lot. I even had a few close calls where i thought i could lean and almost ate up the wall or low sided the bike, i was hard on myself after that but my friends helped me through and just helped me understand that we all start somewhere, the true lesson is never doing it again. Its sort of like red mist for bikers when you start. After that i joined Motorcycle clubs and was and still am doing that and part of that comes with the territory of loosing friends and it doesn't get any better or easier. I lost my close friend and people i have considered family to bike crashes and yet i still ride. Everytime i get on the bike i always ride like its my last day or my last ride because truly we do not know whats going to happen. During my first years i had a nasty accident racing another vehicle on my bike and i was coming into a turn and i guess there was oil or something because the turn was like a 30 to 40 mph turn and my rear tire lost grip and sent me pinned to the ground and bike on top of me towards gravel and fences. I was thankful that a tree split me and the bike apart and i was launched in the air one way and the bike another. When i came to i was alone looking up at the sky and my friend was huddled around me scared that i was dead. I got internal nerve damage on my right side and cracked my hip bone and to this day i cant feel my right butt check or right thigh due to the accident. when i checked my gear my helmet was sanded down to the foam on my right side and my gear was burned from the gravel and friction/ It wasn't as serious as yours but a fall is a fall and i was scared, truly scared because something so simple can turn so deadly and scary and helpless, but i just pulled through it and after a few months, i began rebuilding my bike and got back on it and im still riding through this day. Even if im going across the street i wear full gear. If you ever catch me on the road im an orange yellow ninja on full gear zooming by dodging traffic. I love ride and even with bad experiences and reading your story i would still ride, i take every story as my own and try to learn from it. I didn't really say anything but i figured me sharing my story from one biker to another would help or see that you are not alone. Riding is a different world thats unexplainable and even thought of giving it up sometimes because of what i have seen first hand but it calls me back and I pray and thank God i make it back every time. Many Blessings and Wishes to you and hope for you to be able to get better mentally.

WoLF

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I was a paramedic in south florida for 4 years. Wanted a bike more than anything growing up but my uncle died on one when he was 19, so dad wasnt going to allow anythig with two wheels and a motor under his roof. Sure enough, a week after I got hired as a paramedic, Im loving life. Good job, good money, and I was only 20 years old at the time so I feel ahead of the game, I start doing my research on bikes. I felt I was ready. About 5pm we get a call for a motorcycle v. SUV. We pull up and the bike is on ground with the rider motionless two feet away in a pool of oil and gas. The SUV was an Izuzu Rodeo with a big dent just behind the driver side front wheel well. Rider was apprently doing 40 (in 50 zone) and the driver pulled out too far at the last minute. Rider was pulseless before we got there. We did CPR and attempted to intubate (insert breathing tube down throat and into the lungs) when we discover the impact was sever enough to completely sever his airway. We do our best the whole way to the hospital. Hes pronounced dead before we can finish cleaning our stretcher. Rider was in full leather with full faced helmet. When looking for ID for info we found out he was 20 years old, with a receipt to a jeweler for a ring and a lease agreement on a 1 bedroom apartment that was signed that day. Ive seen hundreds of accidents since then but thats the one I will never forget. It doesnt matter whose at fault in a motorcycle accident, its always the rider who pays. Glad to hear your ok man. Best of luck with your fiance, she sounds like keeper.

jerm

Ready to race!
Simply amazing! Thanks for sharing your story, I definitely enjoyed it and it makes you cherish life even more-so. Glad all is well. Welcome to the MK6 world!!!

Ian/XEms

Passed Driver's Ed
I was going to post yesterday after reading this, but called away from the computer. I just wanted to say that that was an extremely well written post, and I'm glad you are still here with us, alive, and back in the VW world!

snoman

Ready to race!
I had a good friend who got in a bike accident and it tore up his shoulder pretty bad shortly after I sold my bike and bought and engagement ring for my girl. I miss it all the time and my neck snaps every time a sport bike rides by but it's just so dangerous. I live in south fl and we have so many illegals and old people it's scary I had alot of close calls and I just couldn't do it anymore. Your story was amazing and I'm glad your ok. Btw my vw offers me the same feeling love it so much and it definitely filled much of the void left by my bike

Just wanted to say that im glad and happy your ok. I am a rider, i have been riding my motorcycle for the last 12 years and i started off solo and really just took off from there. First few years was rough because i really didnt have anyone to teach me or learn from, so i did my best and read books and watched videos just to prepare me more mentally. One thing i learned and many will say is that "There are two kinds of riders, those that been down and those that are going down" ever since hearing this i knew a crash would be inevitable especially riding in the crazy streets of miami, fl. I then linked up with a riding group and rode almost every night with them and really learned a lot. I even had a few close calls where i thought i could lean and almost ate up the wall or low sided the bike, i was hard on myself after that but my friends helped me through and just helped me understand that we all start somewhere, the true lesson is never doing it again. Its sort of like red mist for bikers when you start. After that i joined Motorcycle clubs and was and still am doing that and part of that comes with the territory of loosing friends and it doesn't get any better or easier. I lost my close friend and people i have considered family to bike crashes and yet i still ride. Everytime i get on the bike i always ride like its my last day or my last ride because truly we do not know whats going to happen. During my first years i had a nasty accident racing another vehicle on my bike and i was coming into a turn and i guess there was oil or something because the turn was like a 30 to 40 mph turn and my rear tire lost grip and sent me pinned to the ground and bike on top of me towards gravel and fences. I was thankful that a tree split me and the bike apart and i was launched in the air one way and the bike another. When i came to i was alone looking up at the sky and my friend was huddled around me scared that i was dead. I got internal nerve damage on my right side and cracked my hip bone and to this day i cant feel my right butt check or right thigh due to the accident. when i checked my gear my helmet was sanded down to the foam on my right side and my gear was burned from the gravel and friction/ It wasn't as serious as yours but a fall is a fall and i was scared, truly scared because something so simple can turn so deadly and scary and helpless, but i just pulled through it and after a few months, i began rebuilding my bike and got back on it and im still riding through this day. Even if im going across the street i wear full gear. If you ever catch me on the road im an orange yellow ninja on full gear zooming by dodging traffic. I love ride and even with bad experiences and reading your story i would still ride, i take every story as my own and try to learn from it. I didn't really say anything but i figured me sharing my story from one biker to another would help or see that you are not alone. Riding is a different world thats unexplainable and even thought of giving it up sometimes because of what i have seen first hand but it calls me back and I pray and thank God i make it back every time. Many Blessings and Wishes to you and hope for you to be able to get better mentally.

WoLF

Holy shit dude. Thanks for sharing that with us. So very glad you are still alive but very sorry to hear you suffered permanent damage. Kudos for still riding even after that. If I didn't have so many people telling me they'd never speak to me again, and my girl telling me she'd leave me, I still don't know if I'd have the balls to ride again. Glad to see you still do what you love.

I was a paramedic in south florida for 4 years. Wanted a bike more than anything growing up but my uncle died on one when he was 19, so dad wasnt going to allow anythig with two wheels and a motor under his roof. Sure enough, a week after I got hired as a paramedic, Im loving life. Good job, good money, and I was only 20 years old at the time so I feel ahead of the game, I start doing my research on bikes. I felt I was ready. About 5pm we get a call for a motorcycle v. SUV. We pull up and the bike is on ground with the rider motionless two feet away in a pool of oil and gas. The SUV was an Izuzu Rodeo with a big dent just behind the driver side front wheel well. Rider was apprently doing 40 (in 50 zone) and the driver pulled out too far at the last minute. Rider was pulseless before we got there. We did CPR and attempted to intubate (insert breathing tube down throat and into the lungs) when we discover the impact was sever enough to completely sever his airway. We do our best the whole way to the hospital. Hes pronounced dead before we can finish cleaning our stretcher. Rider was in full leather with full faced helmet. When looking for ID for info we found out he was 20 years old, with a receipt to a jeweler for a ring and a lease agreement on a 1 bedroom apartment that was signed that day. Ive seen hundreds of accidents since then but thats the one I will never forget. It doesnt matter whose at fault in a motorcycle accident, its always the rider who pays. Glad to hear your ok man. Best of luck with your fiance, she sounds like keeper.

That one got me all misty thanks! The poor girl lost her man on one of the biggest days of their lives. I just cannot fathom my girl being put through that. So sad :cry:

I had a good friend who got in a bike accident and it tore up his shoulder pretty bad shortly after I sold my bike and bought and engagement ring for my girl. I miss it all the time and my neck snaps every time a sport bike rides by but it's just so dangerous. I live in south fl and we have so many illegals and old people it's scary I had alot of close calls and I just couldn't do it anymore. Your story was amazing and I'm glad your ok. Btw my vw offers me the same feeling love it so much and it definitely filled much of the void left by my bike

That's the thing. The rider can be the best in the world, but we are all at the mercy of the general public which I'm sorry to say has some of the WORST fucking drivers in the world.

And thank you guys for the continued kind words and support! This place is overwhelming! Can't wait for my car to come in so I can meet some of you!

Timujin

Ready to race!
Thanks for sharing. I too had a few motorcycles and I realized riding on the street is too crazy due to other people driving stupid. Glad things worked out and you are still with us. Post pics from the wedding.

Thanks for sharing. I too had a few motorcycles and I realized riding on the street is too crazy due to other people driving stupid. Glad things worked out and you are still with us. Post pics from the wedding.

Will do!

Just informed my 2012 is on its way from a dealer in PA. WOOT!!!

Damn.

Reading this makes all of the "problems" that we have in our lives seem like nothing.

Your soon-to-be wife sounds like a keeper.

She's my angel :)

First 2012 on Long Island :) Pickup tomorrow night!

Attachments

• 326920_2155043607900_1600745563_2129689_7755031_o.jpg
    326920_2155043607900_1600745563_2129689_7755031_o.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 195

CadMan

Ready to race!
After reading your story I flashed back to memories of loosing my buddy to a motorcycle accident. Simple little mistakes are compounded greatly on the road when you are not surrounded by a metal box with crumple zones. I lost my bud Nigel 30 years ago next month. Squeezed into a curb by a semi making a wide turn and run over by the back wheels, driver never even saw him coming. Nigel was rushing because he was late for class.

Wanted a bike for years until that day. never wanted one since.

Glad you pulled through mate. GTI's are also one safe ride... enjoy.