GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 years ago today, my life changed forever...

coneklr

Passed Driver's Ed
Its something that riders think about everyday...at least they should. Being aware of your own mortality is the best thing you can have when you ride a bike (besides gear). Glad to hear you made the right decision for you and your family! I always say Im going to sell it and not ride but I just cant give it up, its my only "vice".

After reading your story I flashed back to memories of loosing my buddy to a motorcycle accident. Simple little mistakes are compounded greatly on the road when you are not surrounded by a metal box with crumple zones. I lost my bud Nigel 30 years ago next month. Squeezed into a curb by a semi making a wide turn and run over by the back wheels, driver never even saw him coming. Nigel was rushing because he was late for class.

Wanted a bike for years until that day. never wanted one since.

Glad you pulled through mate. GTI's are also one safe ride... enjoy.

So sorry to hear that sir :(. Hate reading stories of riders going down. Sad thing is most of them are so avoidable.

I'm just speechless. Glad your ok man..

Great color choice on the GTI btw...

Thanks boss!

Its something that riders think about everyday...at least they should. Being aware of your own mortality is the best thing you can have when you ride a bike (besides gear). Glad to hear you made the right decision for you and your family! I always say Im going to sell it and not ride but I just cant give it up, its my only "vice".

It was VERY hard to give it up, even after all that, and getting the S2000. It really was the GTI that helped me get over it. I'm so obsessed with it now that I don't really think about riding anymore. Sure I get the itch once in a while but I'm so focused on how I'm going to do my suspension or what mods I can do while I'm waiting to be chipped that it's pretty far from my mind now.

I do still dream though. Some day I'll ride again, when I'm old and gray.