GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 vs. HPA dogbone mount- performance improvement vs Vibration

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I pulled the trigger on bfi stage 2 insert so I'll try to give some feedback. I have the 034 right now, but the bending issues made me look elsewhere just for safe measure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Lol, as I take the BFI out and order an 034.

I'm stock right now, I am not too worried about this bending issue. We shall see.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Also interested in Revo vs HPA mounts. The Revo looks MUCH easier to install but maybe not as substantial as the HPA.

I believe the install is the same for both. Revo simply reuses the OEM torque arm.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Lol have we gone full circle now? Before it was unanimous agreement on 034 dogbone > all other mounts, and now its all other mounts > 034 dogbone?

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
I pulled the trigger on bfi stage 2 insert so I'll try to give some feedback. I have the 034 right now, but the bending issues made me look elsewhere just for safe measure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lol, as I take the BFI out and order an 034.

I'm stock right now, I am not too worried about this bending issue. We shall see.

I wouldn't recommend BFI anything if you're worried about excess NVH (Noise, Vibrations, Harshness), at least from my understanding from other owners as well as sitting in someone's car with them... Well, at least not stage 2.

034 Insert is fine for a lot of people but I don't recommend it for anything over stage 1 levels. Mine bent and cracked and was uselss, though it added zero extra NVH for me. I had it stage 1 and thought it was great, also extremely easy to install, and cheap. Fast forward to IS38 levels, though, and it became worthless, and I think plenty have had problems at Stage 2 levels as well.

The HPA full pendulum mount is highly recommended by everyone who has them (including myself.) It does a much better job of stopping engine movement than any insert will, and it doesn't cause too much NVH (though it does just a little).

If it helps, for my IS38 GTI I've always tried to find a good balance of performance vs. comfort parts, as it is still my daily, and I love the HPA. The HPA mount will add just a touch of vibration, but to me it wasn't a negative as it just made the car feel more "real", but not to the point where it was shaking everything.

The wife didn't notice anything different after I had it installed, and we still drive my car everywhere, so that should tell you something. The only negative I can perceive from the HPA mount is that it is a tad bit pricey, but a very good quality and effective piece. Also the install is somewhat a pain from my understanding as well, so I had my shop do it :D

So that's my 2 cents, from someone who's had both 034 and HPA. I recommend HPA hands down, but if you aren't tuning or aren't going past stage 1, the 034 insert is probably fine. I have the new 034 Engine and Trans mounts and absolutely love them... HPA dogbone + 034 Engine/Trans mounts are a perfect setup for my goals (balance of performance and comfort)
This is exactly why I don't mind spending extra for the HPA mount. There are too many mixed reviews about all of these other inserts.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Which mount does one buy? There are two options: early model 12mm and late model 14mm?

You can just destroy the stock insert and rip it apart it will come out.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
I chose the Revo mount because i liked the idea of replacing the stock mount not just supplementing it with the poly spacers (034/BFI/Neuspeed etc). Conversely I didn't want to go with the HPA because I thought it would be too firm/create too much HVN. There's also a good 8-10 minute install video of the Revo mount, and although he has some issues with the removal tool, I appreciate being able to watch someone do something versus read a 20 page manual with diagrams, but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I chose the Revo mount because i liked the idea of replacing the stock mount not just supplementing it with the poly spacers (034/BFI/Neuspeed etc). Conversely I didn't want to go with the HPA because I thought it would be too firm/create too much HVN. There's also a good 8-10 minute install video of the Revo mount, and although he has some issues with the removal tool, I appreciate being able to watch someone do something versus read a 20 page manual with diagrams, but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revo seems to be reasonably price. How bad is the NVH increase?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Lol have we gone full circle now? Before it was unanimous agreement on 034 dogbone > all other mounts, and now its all other mounts > 034 dogbone?
So it would appear, I bought an 034 because I hate messing with the polys and I sorta damaged mine taking it out. The 034 sounded like the best thing since sliced bread coming from many, but then the same people went "mine's bent...". I'm stock, if I bend it then i'll get a bushing and be done with it. That HPA looks nice.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
So it would appear, I bought an 034 because I hate messing with the polys and I sorta damaged mine taking it out. The 034 sounded like the best thing since sliced bread coming from many, but then the same people went "mine's bent...". I'm stock, if I bend it then i'll get a bushing and be done with it. That HPA looks nice.

I think the main thing also was at the time; there wasn't much choice... the 034 really was just a bandaid fix until the real solutions were made available.

The HPA is nice, barely any added NVH at all!