GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsport DSG / TCU tune

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone have input or experience with this TCU tune for the DQ250 on MQB?

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have input or experience with this TCU tune for the DQ250 on MQB?

Your sig now lists as having the 034 TCU Tune, can you give us your thoughts on the tune?
What led you to the 034 DSG tune over others?
Have any shortcomings?

I am currently JB4 tuned and am considering the 034 or APR DSG Tune, but there is limited information available on the 034. I am most concerned with the torque capability of the 034 tune to eliminate clutch slip.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
but there is limited information available on the 034.

I'm not a 034 fanboy, in fact I thought their dogbone mount and the process I went through getting it from them in person was kind of shitty, but what they were helpful with was answering questions when I emailed them.

So if you're seeking specific info, why not ask them directly? It's worth a shot.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Bumping this up, anybody have user feedback on the 034 TCU tune?

Yes I have it.
I recommend. Much better clamping pressure. D and S mode are optimized (D mode doesn’t rush anymore to 6th gear on the DQ250 transmission).

Launch control at 4100rpm also makes a big difference. The shifts are also lightning fast.

12.5 @ 109mph so far (full weight). JB4 tuned only. The TCU helped obtaining this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Bumping this since I decided to give the 034 tune a try. I wrote some more here but these are some highlights.

1. Out of the box it was not that impressive.
2. 034 showed great customer support and took some suggestions I had and revised a tune for me.
3. The revised (D) mode is very good - best tune I have tried (also have tried Cobb, Strat, EQT, ED, APR)
4. If you decide to use their DSG tune ask them to make available the "increased drive shiftpoints" version so you can try it, I think it is much better than the standard tune.

DSG tunes involve a great deal of personal preference so as good as I think it is it won't be for everyone.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Bumping this since I decided to give the 034 tune a try. I wrote some more here but these are some highlights.

1. Out of the box it was not that impressive.

2. 034 showed great customer support and took some suggestions I had and revised a tune for me.

3. The revised (D) mode is very good - best tune I have tried (also have tried Cobb, Strat, EQT, ED, APR)

4. If you decide to use their DSG tune ask them to make available the "increased drive shiftpoints" version so you can try it, I think it is much better than the standard tune.

DSG tunes involve a great deal of personal preference so as good as I think it is it won't be for everyone.

Agreed!

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Im going to assume flashing the TCU voids any and all warranty?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Im going to assume flashing the TCU voids any and all warranty?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Correct. Just like an ECU flash

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Correct. Just like an ECU flash

Does the TCU have a flash counter like the ECU does? If it doesn't you could just flash back to stock before going to the dealer.