GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. nomunic

Clutch for my build and future plans?

Hello everybody, I've been spending the whole day overthinking this. I have a gt220s with hpfp thats getting ethanol soon. In the future the plans are mamba turbo with mpi and lpfp on ethanol. I daily my car atm and am deciding whether I should future proof it or stick something that is just...
  2. nomunic

Oem digital dash retrofit questions

I’m about to pull the trigger on a digital dash from a golf r. It’s used and I can get the trim and whatever cables are hooked up to it. What would I need to do besides just plugging it in and going? I have an mib2 car
  3. nomunic

RMS tutorial

Anyone have a guide on replacing the rms with oem. Looking to have the info on hand when I replace my IABED one with an oem revision one and wondering if there are any things I should look out for.
  4. nomunic

Chinese market macans

Selling my Chinese market macans that I rebuilt with red rubber grease. They come with new brembo pads and neuspeed lines in red. These worked great, the o my issue I had is with rebuilding, I have some grease leaking from the dust seal and I bent/tore one of them. I think these would be a...
  5. nomunic

Red ambient lights rear and dash

Hey guys, I’m currently installing an ali express red ambient light kit for my rear doors and dash. The light looks pretty good, I’m hoping others will follow me. I’ve ran into an issue, sadly. The lights in the rear only stay on when I have the cars headlights to the off position. The lights...
  6. nomunic

Macan Caliper issues - Fixed

What’s up everyone? Been taking a little break from the car stuff as I’ve been dealing with a few personal and financial things. I installed my Chinese Macans a while back. Followed the guide and used the red rubber grease. I’ve bled them like 15 times and the car stops like a car, can’t...
  7. nomunic

Some sorta boost leak

After leak testing my car (oil cap off and pcv bunged off) I keep hearing a hissing at the back of the block area. Any idea what lines are back there that would make a hissing nose, become much louder at higher pressure and stops right around 8 psi. Tried spraying soopy wudder back there but...
  8. nomunic

Delete

no longer available
  9. nomunic

Potential race vs del sol

Bro wants me to race for money so tryna gauge my challenge here. Boosted b20v with eBay turbo kit and eBay piston and rods. What do yall think?
  10. nomunic

How to test my GTI for boost leaks?

I'm bored and would like to see how my Ebay twintercooler is holding up. I could buy a smoke tester but never used one before. Maybe its time to go to stock location and dump this thing. IDK Need Some advice thanks.
  11. nomunic

Custom tuning options and CEL

Hey Everyone, another shitty week for me and more down time to think about my car. I’ve been using Cobb for my tunes for a while, and was wondering what other tuning options there are that would offer custom tuning? I would be especially interested in options that could remove the CEL. Any...
  12. nomunic

Sunroof Leak lawsuit

Anyone get the Mail for the lawsuit for Gjonbalaj Vs VW sunroof leak. My sunroof used to leak a bunch before I patched it 3 times. Wondering if I can just get it replaced and get a refund 😂
  13. nomunic

Exhaust shop?

Anyone know a place that can weld my eBay exhaust together ? Not looking for anything beautiful just looking for no leaks
  14. nomunic

What color wheels should I do?

Hey guys, Looking to switch it up during the colder months, thinking about doing a chrome look or something different on my SA-10r’s. What’s the best way to achieve this look? I’ve attached my current rim (bronze) and possible options. I’m also open to opinions and colors. Listed here are a...
  15. nomunic

Spool valve revisions

Hey everyone, I’ve just pulled my car apart and saw the part number on the car is 06k109257a. I’ve purchased a 06L109257f. Not sure what the differences are, but will this fit? I can’t seem to find the older revision anywhere. My car is a 2017 GTI SE manual with pp if that even matters.
  16. nomunic

Shop vac

What is everyone using for a vacuum?
  17. nomunic

Is this normal knock?

Hello Everyone, I've been having issues with knock lately, even after fixing my cylinder 3 misfire issue (replaced injectors and did complete valve cleaning again), but still have a lot of knock on all four cylinders. Im not that well versed in diagnosing this stuff so would appreciate any...
  18. nomunic

OEM mk7 Euro Tails

Hey guys, I just purchased LED tails from a mk7 (the older version, not the 7.5 style). I have the harnesses to make the turn signals work, is there any difference in the procedure for these tails Vs the more common 7.5 style ones? (Wouldn’t mind a link to the instructions because I’m also...
  19. nomunic

Found

Looking to buy bms catch can before I go ahead and grab one new.
  20. nomunic

When do I put my summers on?

Hey everybody, this is actually my first time running two sets of rims, so when do I put my summers on. I live in CT and the weather has been pretty good in the low to mid 50s, some days reaching low 60s. I’ve included a pic of the weather. Am I good to go, or should I keep the winter set on?