GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potential race vs del sol

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Bro wants me to race for money so tryna gauge my challenge here. Boosted b20v with eBay turbo kit and eBay piston and rods. What do yall think?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
It’s got a cx racing kit on it, I don’t think it’s a serious build tbh. Yall making me scared to lose some money smh

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It’s got a cx racing kit on it, I don’t think it’s a serious build tbh. Yall making me scared to lose some money smh

I’m sure the kit is junk (but so are most mk7 parts lol), just do us a favor and face the GoPro forward.

The EG hatch at work only made like 330whp (supercharged K24) & it traps 130s. That’s only on 7psi IIRC, and completely stock long block.

Like Diggs said there’s a big advantage being significantly lighter.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
I’m sure the kit is junk (but so are most mk7 parts lol), just do us a favor and face the GoPro forward.

The EG hatch at work only made like 330whp (supercharged K24) & it traps 130s. That’s only on 7psi IIRC, and completely stock long block.

Like Diggs said there’s a big advantage being significantly lighter.
Hmm, it seems I’ll definitely lose money. Let’s see how I feel tomorrow 😂

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I'd do the race but I wouldn't put money on it.

Assuming your GTI makes 400whp, you power to weight ratio is roughly 270hp/ton. The Honda at 330whp would ~300hp/ton

Even though it's an eBay build it probably goes like a stabbed rat lol

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Agreed with everyone else. Your only chance is that he's on absolute junk tires and you've got something with huge longitudinal grip and much taller than stock height. Take your seats, spare tire, sub, and anything else superfluous out. Remove all plastic and excess stuff under hood and in the hatch. Drop your psi to 22-24 range. Maybe skip some meals for 24hrs before and take some xlax too 😅🤣