GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Austin Only: Eibach Pro Kit Spring set with box and paperwork. $50

I had these on my Golf R for a while and switched to B6’s and stock springs. Feel free to text: Five One Two 289-0150
  2. S

Left rear higher than Right rear after installing B6's.

Thanks for the ideas. I actually had a shop do the install. I'll be taking it back to them for the alignment shortly and I'll have them take a look while they've got it.
  3. S

Left rear higher than Right rear after installing B6's.

I have a 2016 Golf R Base (non-DCC) and just went back to stock springs with Bilstein B6's. I love the ride, it literally eats any nasty bump that the city can throw at it. It also helped a lot with dive/squat and roll. The only issue that I'm running into is that the left rear is 1/2 inch...
  4. S

Cutting the front bump stops while they're on the car...

How did you get the front bump stops onto the B8 shaft? The B8 shaft is a lot bigger than the stock shocks. The B8 front strut has an internal stop and you won't need the factory one. It's not easy, but I got a heavy duty box cutter that allows me to extend the blade. That allowed me to...
  5. S

winter beater Golf R

Well, I followed your lead and put the stock springs back on the car with B6's. Overall, it rides a LOT better. Huge improvement. It sits really high though - 1/2 above stock. Maybe it will settle a little.
  6. S

Golf R DCC vs non-DCC: Do they have the same springs?

So I just switched back to the stock springs on my 2016 Base (non-dcc) Golf R and I’m remembering how high it sits. Its even quite a bit higher than other stock Golf R’s. Are the DCC cars lower?
  7. S

winter beater Golf R

Thank you for the response. I live around a bunch of pothole roads so I probably need to move back to the stock springs.
  8. S

winter beater Golf R

Do you ever run this setup with 19’s? Does it corner pretty flat?
  9. S

winter beater Golf R

Are you still running stock R springs with Bilstein B6? How's the ride over choppy pavement and manhole covers? How is it for handling? I'm about to put my stock (my car is non-dcc also) springs back on my R with a set of Bilstein B6's.
  10. S

What plugs are stock with the Golf R?

I'm at 60k miles and am wanting to replace the plugs and coil packs. In looking at FCP Euro and ECS Tuning I'm overwhelmed with choices. I'd like to put the stock plugs and coil packs back in the vehicle. Which plugs (manufacturer and model) are stock for the Golf R? How about coil packs -...
  11. S

For those with B6/B8 struts - what did you use for dust boots?

The stock dust boots don't fit around the thicker B6 struts. What did you use in order to keep dust off of the struts?
  12. S

perfect 'garage mate' for the R

Here's my R's garage mate. I've owned it since 2003 so I guess you could say My R is the S2000's garage mate.
  13. S

Replacing Springs- What else should I replace?

Did you trim your bump stops when you added the Neuspeed springs? If you decrease travel by lowering your car you would need to add it back in by trimming the bump stops. I only know that because my car rode awful on Eibach ProKit springs (.6 inch drop) until I trimmed the bump stops. Also, I...
  14. S

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice. Trimming the stops + the fender screw mod really helped. The car is a little a little floaty. Would adding Bilstein B8’s further improve it?
  15. S

Those that later added Bilstein B8’s to their springs

How did ride and handling change? And what kind of springs are you on?
  16. S

So I was able to get the fronts trimmed and the car rides better already though every once in a while its hitting the inner fender screw. i need to do the rears but I can’t get my back wheels off without an impact wrench because of the wheel locks. Can the rear bump stops be cut in place...
  17. S

Thank you for the reply. I was convinced that I needed to trim the top/firmest part of the bumpstop but I guess not. The lower portion should be easier. If my front stops have the ring, should I cut it off or leave it.
  18. S

Mine is non-DCC. I'll put it up on stands and pull off the wheels this weekend to try and trim them.