GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

perfect 'garage mate' for the R

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
I'm planning on getting either a Cayman or TTRS as a garage mate, and keeping the Mk7 R as a daily until it bites the dust.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm still in Macan Turbo territory.

They just look so good.
Don't forget that the 22 GTS is the 21 Turbo, and the S is the old GTS. They really improved the 22s. Well, except the front bumper, it's truly awful. It's even worse in person.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Good to have revived this thread, was looking on the weekend but seriously nothing is available it seems. Everytime I find *something* then there is a wait, because all allocations are spoken for and so I need to get in touch with a broker that bought a bunch of cars to sell. Trying to scam cash due to supply chain woes, so I said screw it! We kind of decided to put things off until next year, and after looking at our summer plans and travel, my wifes Subaru is still ok (rusting bad though) so maybe next year...

One car I wanted to see in person was the Polestar 2. My wife isn't fond of the name. We were visiting my in laws, and her dad was like 'ya that name has got a lot of racing and technology heritage behind it' which I was agreeing with, until my wife said 'they also call strippers, 'pole stars...' and now that car seems to have dropped off our list of options for her to drive she said.

Past the name, I think the pictures don't really do it justice. It does look like a slightly more boxy Volvo S60, but it seemed more sleek then I would have imagined. Otherwise right now I think that is my EV option. Polestar isn't written anywhere really on the car, there was one exception but not sure if it easily comes off. There is too the Ioniq 6 (still not released) or an i4.

Coupe, I do like the M240xi (maybe M2), Supra and Z, but I think with planning on keeping the R, I might just shelf that idea.

That leaves the B9.5 S4 (or maybe S5/RS5 Sportback). So ya I haven't really added more to this thread unfortunately...except hurry up and wait. So might as well keep modding the R until next year.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Worth noting that Polestar 2's are the only EV I've found that leases like a Tesla. I'm not buying an EV, they're changing too fast, but Polestar and Tesla at least give you the benefit of extremely high residuals. The interior of the P2 is awesome, especially with the Sport and Plus packs with the nicer seats and large roof. I hate the outside, or really just the high ride height and the back end, but in black or dark blue I can almost live with it. I'm still debating leasing one instead of waiting on Mk8 R version 2. I feel weird putting springs on a lease, but the Heico springs do really help tone down the AMC Eagle look.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
c63 amg