GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. myles1

Quick MK7 Bumper Question

Hello, Golf & GTI bumper, are they the same? Except for obviously the diffuser. Asking to ensure I can fit an aftermarket GTI diffuser on my Golf (with a GTI exhaust). Cheers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. myles1

How can I make my exhaust sound like this?

Hey there! Recently I stumbled upon a video of a Fiat 500s exhaust note, and holy hell it sounds glorious given it’s a 4 banger. Surely it’s possible to make the Golf sound similar? Any suggestions would be lovely. I’ve included the video for reference, around 1:40 is the exhaust...
  3. myles1

OEM Hatch Spoilers

Hello, I'm trying to find the dimensions (length) for the Golf R hatch spoiler and the GTI hatch spoiler. I'm aware the R spoiler is a good couple inches longer than the TSI hatch spoiler, though I'm not sure about the GTI. Does anyone know if there's a way to source the hatch spoiler and...
  4. myles1

Affordable Side Skirts for Golf

Hey there, as the title states, I'm looking for some affordable side skirts to edge off the round body of the Golf. I'm really not into paying VW $360 + $200 to paint and god knows how much to install (e.g. they quoted me $1200 to install OEM sport springs). I'm aware I may be cheaping out, but...
  5. myles1

Michelin Pilot Super Sport Alternatives

Was looking for some help. Hopefully soon I’m getting the winter steelies off, and replacing them with new wheels. I’m aware MPSS’s are the best tires you can find, but to me they seem really expensive. I was looking to see if there are any affordable alternatives. Please keep in mind that I’m...
  6. myles1

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I did some digging and was unable to turn up a price. Mind sharing your findings? The TRC is drool-worthy. Cheers.
  7. myles1

Post Your 1.8's here!

As the title states! I'm aware that there are already some threads like this, but they are few and far between, and often very outdated. I've checked out many of the 1.8s being built though I'd love to have a dedicated place for everyone to see them! Thanks! Happy sharing!
  8. myles1

Golf R Muffler on 1.8... Plug and play?

Hey there, looking for some advice. Currently driving a Golf 1.8T TSI, and wanted to swap out the exhaust (muffler only) for the quad exhaust the Golf R has. I've done some digging and have been unable to turn anything up, does anyone know if this will work? Not trying to improve exhaust note...
  9. myles1

Door Dinged

So today I went for a trip downtown Toronto for an appointment with my girlfriend, and parked in a municipal lot. We didn’t have to leave the car yet, so we sat for about 10 minutes before we got out. As we were sitting there, a car pulls into the very tight space next to my drivers side door...
  10. myles1

Media Screen Not Working in Cold Weather

So recently I’ve noticed my media screen being a bit sluggish when I’m operating it in the cold, kinda looks the equivalent of a frame rate drop. Then today, upon starting my car, the screen wouldn’t turn on at all. I tried restarting the car several times, pushing just about every button I...
  11. myles1

Opinion on TSI to R Conversion Kit

Hello, I've purchased a MK7 Golf TSI. I'm too young to get a GTI or an R insured for any reasonable amount of money, though I dislike the dreary looks of the Golf. I've been floating the idea of swapping the bumpers and skirts for a while, though only recently did I come across an ad for a...
  12. myles1

WTB: VW Sport Springs 5G4071677E

Hey there! Looking to buy VW OEM Sport Suspension, part number 5G4071677E. Located in Caledon, Ontario, Canada. Must be new or lightly used (sub 5000km) Willing to drive up to 100-150KM or pay shipping if it's a good price. Thanks!
  13. myles1

Rearview Mirror

Does anyone else find the rearview mirror in the Golf to be abnormally obstructive of the windscreen? Maybe I'm sitting too high up? I just find myself bending down to see around it... Maybe it's a tall person issue? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. myles1

Deciphering The Colours of the TSI Badge

Hey there! Picked up my 2017 Golf TSI about a week ago, and instantly noticed that the "S" and the "I" of "TSI" were red, I'd previously only seen the "I" in red. I have done a little research and am yet to come up with anything that makes sense. I presume it's related to packages on the car or...
  15. myles1

New Golf, Need Some Help

Hello everyone! I have just purchased my first car. A 2017 1.8T Golf TSI Comfortline, with a 5-speed manual transmission. I should be picking up the car in the coming few days, and have been obsessed with figuring out what I'd like to do to it. Unfortunately, I cannot void the warranty. In...