GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deciphering The Colours of the TSI Badge

myles1

Ready to race!
Hey there! Picked up my 2017 Golf TSI about a week ago, and instantly noticed that the "S" and the "I" of "TSI" were red, I'd previously only seen the "I" in red. I have done a little research and am yet to come up with anything that makes sense. I presume it's related to packages on the car or the engine? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myles1

Ready to race!
Odd. Maybe cause Canada? My Wolfsburg only has a Red I

I thought that might be the case too, though even in Canada I'm yet to see a badge the same as mine. I thought at first it was a 2016 vs 2017 model year difference, but have discovered that majority of 2017's also lack the red "S" Perhaps a trip to the dealer is what I need.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I thought that might be the case too, though even in Canada I'm yet to see a badge the same as mine. I thought at first it was a 2016 vs 2017 model year difference, but have discovered that majority of 2017's also lack the red "S" Perhaps a trip to the dealer is what I need.

Pic?

myles1

Ready to race!

Popped outside quickly to snap one, I apologize for the conditions, it's raining and 1:30am here haha!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I've read on previous models the hp rating has to do with one, two, or three letters being red. No clue how factual that is or if it applies to the mk7

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
BHP rating..

over here the 1.4TSI as two main variants 122/125PS & 140/150PS...the first one gets red "I" the second gets red "SI".

All lower powered engines get no red letters. The only more powerfull petrol engines over here are GTI & R.

Same applies to TDI...

Started with the old MK4 TDI golfs..then red I = 110/116PS, DI = 131PS, TDI =150PS.

myles1

Ready to race!
I've read on previous models the hp rating has to do with one, two, or three letters being red. No clue how factual that is or if it applies to the mk7

I read that too, though here I'm fairly certain all Golf's (with the exception of GTI and R) have the exact same 1.8T engine pumping out 170hp.

myles1

Ready to race!
BHP rating..

over here the 1.4TSI as two main variants 122/125PS & 140/150PS...the first one gets red "I" the second gets red "SI".

All lower powered engines get no red letters. The only more powerfull petrol engines over here are GTI & R.

Same applies to TDI...

Started with the old MK4 TDI golfs..then red I = 110/116PS, DI = 131PS, TDI =150PS.

I did read that, though here the Golf's (save for GTI and R) all come with 1.8T's, cranking out 170hp.