GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Affordable Side Skirts for Golf

myles1

Ready to race!
Hey there, as the title states, I'm looking for some affordable side skirts to edge off the round body of the Golf. I'm really not into paying VW $360 + $200 to paint and god knows how much to install (e.g. they quoted me $1200 to install OEM sport springs). I'm aware I may be cheaping out, but was just curious to see if there were any options anyone knows of.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
ebay for the GTI side skirts is the best way to go i think... what sort of look are you after?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hey there, as the title states, I'm looking for some affordable side skirts to edge off the round body of the Golf. I'm really not into paying VW $360 + $200 to paint and god knows how much to install (e.g. they quoted me $1200 to install OEM sport springs). I'm aware I may be cheaping out, but was just curious to see if there were any options anyone knows of.

Thanks in advance.

If cost is the driver I would search on Aliexpress.
Search “ mk7 golf side skirts”

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Buy the whole OEM sport kit. It looks great.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I do think just the skirts would look silly... 200 for maxton lip, 100 for GTI style skirts and 100 for GTI valance or 200 for center cut valance... so for max of 500 you’ve got a cohesive look

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Would you think just the skirts would look silly? Trying to not go down the rabbit hole of 2.5K for the whole kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole deal is like 700 bucks.

myles1

Ready to race!
The whole deal is like 700 bucks.

I’m in Canada mate. Front valence, $401 + $200 paint. Skirts, $360 + $200 paint. spoiler, $415 + $200 paint. After tax, $2000, and that’s not installed. I can assure you if I could get it for $700, even in USD, I’d pounce on it.

bmillsy10

I went with the Golf R replicas and got both of them painted along with my rear bumper (due to some damage) for $350CAD. The R skirts really make the car look more aggressive! I personally prefer them over the sport package sideskirts.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

myles1

Ready to race!
I went with the Golf R replicas and got both of them painted along with my rear bumper (due to some damage) for $350CAD. The R skirts really make the car look more aggressive! I personally prefer them over the sport package sideskirts.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

They look gorgeous. Exactly the look I’m going for. Where’d you manage to find them?