GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mondo

What did you do to your mk7 today?

This weekend I've garaged the Golf until winter.. (September/October) Instead I am using my "first class transport" which is:
  2. mondo

Biggest pet peeve when driving.

Not using indicators (turn signals) In Germany and France motorists are renowned for forgetting what the little stalk on the left of the steering wheel is for.. Today on the autobahn, while riding from Strasbourg to Frankfurt this dumb assed woman pulled out in front of me with no indication and...
  3. mondo

Show Us Anything BUT your MK7

My new toy... at the dealer in Frankfurt, being collected later this week
  4. mondo

My new ride

Bought this in Frankfurt yesterday! Paperwork all sorted, now to sort the insurance so the dealer can get it registered And being a trendy chap, I also got me a matching Arai lid, not cheap at just under €700, but I only have one skull and I intend on looking after it
  5. mondo

Would you have the balls?

For sure, as long as the batteries are Yellow Top sealed, the winch cable is good and well secured I have owned a few Defenders (I know Hamster did this in a Series)
  6. mondo

What car did you pass your driving test in?

1956 VW Beetle, test passed in 1982
  7. mondo

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

Me, I ride custom built single speeds.. because gears are for people with puny thigh muscles (Just kidding - I do have some other bikes too.. And And for dirty weekends And my "Unchained melody" as in work in progress, long travel hardtail Lastly.. my geared road cruiser
  8. mondo

RB Styling in Germany, they ship worldwide Click me
  9. mondo

This... for my Deep Pearl Black coloured GTD which is being de-badged, but due to the fact that Golf 7 grilles have a mounting area, I decided to fit an after market GTD logo
  10. mondo

Factory audio options: Fender vs. Dynaudio

I see our U.S. cousins can order Fender sound systems with their Golfs, here in Europe we have Dynaudio, which I do have and can report is excellent. The Dynaudio is the best OEM sound system I've ever heard (or owned), even though finding an 18" spare to accommodate the boot mounted subwoofer...
  11. mondo

Badge removal

No idea if this has been asked before, I did a search and came up with a zillion results.. I plan on debadging the car (GTD) What I am interested in removing is the rear GTD logo and the side emblems on the front fender I know these are held on with 3M super-duper-sticky stuff, but is there a...
  12. mondo

DTUK CRD-3, 3 channel upgrade chip

Today I received my DTUK CRD-3 Tri-Channel chip. This is for my 2016 GTD. Being 3 channel it alters the common rail (fuel), boost & provides "RPM Tuning" so the map can alter according to RPM (Most units are 2 channel, fuel and boost) Claimed output is 240PS/176KW and 500NM of torque DTUK's...
  13. mondo

Enabled cat-Net, which I am pleased to say works very well here in Germany
  14. mondo

Those are damned fine wheels, lovely As for the centre cap, it's choice, do you stick with the VW livery and hide the fact their 3r5d party wheels, or leave the RS badged ones in? If were me.. I'd stick VW ones in, just to confuse people, rest assured someone will ask you "what VW wheels are those?"
  15. mondo

Exactly! I was being trolled :¬) :¬) :¬) :¬)
  16. mondo

In Germany it's mandatory to fit winter tyres. A pain in the ass if you ask me.. You see top of the range cars here with aftermarket alloys or steel wheels donning winter rubber.. If you get into an accident (whether it's your fault or not) insurance will not pay, or hold up traffic (thru lack...
  17. mondo

Due to Germany's very tight restrictions** on license plates I was very limited on what I could choose It's MTK (Main-Taunus Kreis (district) RW (my initials) 756 (number of letters in my full name) MTKRW756 - Lame I know, but it's the very closest I can get to personalising a plate and the...
  18. mondo

Today I fitted a personalised number plate... Not a lot of flexibility when doing this in Germany, as in you will always have the 1, 2 or 3 letter city code, two more letters, then two or three numbers.. Most importantly, the plate relates to me :¬)
  19. mondo

ZOMFG you owned him so bad, that things a flyer :¬)
  20. mondo

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Good day all, As my previous daily use car failed the French variation of MOT in October 2016, I needed a new car and quickly.. I trotted off to the VW dealer in the border town of Kehl, Germany to order me a Golf 7 R Variant (Tourer/Station Wagon) After sitting with the more than helpful sales...