GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
You need to wipe off whatever is all over your dash. Looks like a case of armor all gone bad......

Not sure why anyone would use Armor All on anything other then tires, it's full of silicone. Much better off to use something like Meguires #40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krz_hayn

Go Kart Champion
2am drive through the back roads of PA, with a small but deep pot hole. Surprisingly still holds air, but [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Seriously, use a terry cloth rag and a rubber mallet and you can bang it back. If it's still holding air it's not severely bent. You'll have to take to a professional wheel repair to get it true round. But for a quick fix.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not sure why anyone would use Armor All on anything other then tires, it's full of silicone. Much better off to use something like Meguires #40.

This!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Installed ECS's hatch pop kit, I wish I would have done this sooner.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
2am drive through the back roads of PA, with a small but deep pot hole. Surprisingly still holds air, but [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

It's times like these I'm glad I went flow formed

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Which are supposed to be stronger, yes?

Stronger than cast. Forged even stronger

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Yesterday was the day I took my MK7 on it's first road trip. From Erie, PA to Sandusky, Ohio and back. And the mpg screen reads by the end of averaging 45 mpg? Is this right?

If it's like most of our trip computers, that is probably 2-3 mpg optimistic, but yeah you still likely got over 40 mpg. These cars are pretty darn efficient for non-hybrid gassers and the power to efficiency ratio is killer.

That, and 2.0 vs 1.8 I believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, a 1.8 manual, I prefer a manual. I see it as a passive security feature because now days how many people can still drive a stick?

My blue trainer thing was saying I was averaging 34.6 on the way to NJ last weekend, that's after 15 minutes on the cross Bronx too. Considering it's AWD, I think that's what I can expect from a very steady 70+ mph, relatively flat, trip. Stick here too. Definitely a security system lol.

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Installed ECS's hatch pop kit, I wish I would have done this sooner.
Question on the hatch pop (from a fellow long islander), don't you still need a free hand to get the fob and hit the button? I mean I can see it being handy when you're in the house, you pop the trunk, then pick up all your crap and carry it to the car, but otherwise it seems like it's same same.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
You need to wipe off whatever is all over your dash. Looks like a case of armor all gone bad......

That was just water from a damp cloth cleaning up some dust, obviously I should have waited until it dried before taking the pic. :rolleyes:

mondo

Ready to race!
This weekend I've garaged the Golf until winter.. (September/October)

Instead I am using my "first class transport" which is:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Question on the hatch pop (from a fellow long islander), don't you still need a free hand to get the fob and hit the button? I mean I can see it being handy when you're in the house, you pop the trunk, then pick up all your crap and carry it to the car, but otherwise it seems like it's same same.
It's still possible to carry something and have the FOB in your hand, no?

It also makes things much easier if you happen to be holding a baby.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bennybmn

Ready to race!
It's still possible to carry something and have the FOB in your hand, no?

It also makes things much easier if you happen to be holding a baby.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

True true! You may not have to move your arm as much just to grab the fob. Just making sure I wasn't missing something :) I'm with you on the baby thing too... Mine is almost 3 and I never would have thought I'd jump on the keyless entry bandwagon until I started locking my doors with a butt cheek :) Another one of those things you don't realize you like until you have it.