GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Moving On...

After 15 years of VW’s, nearly four years of driving my Golf GT and following this forum I have just part exchanged it for a non-German car. Whilst I’m not particularly keen on cars, the Golf always impressed me with the comfort, solid handling and ‘relatively’ good MPG to the point I had...
  2. D

Diesel Rattle on Idle - Clutch Issues?

Wonder if someone has the same or can advise on a problem I have with my 2 diesel with manual transmission. My car seems to have a rattle on idle. It reverberates throughout the car and is especially bad when the engine is not up to temperature. I initially thought it was an engine issue...
  3. D

2.0 Diesel (150) Idle Speed

Hi, I wonder if drivers of the above engine could please confirm their cars idle speed (when stationary - which is different from that of rolling). My seems to drop below 800 which seems quite low and produces a 'rattle' that can be felt within the car and along the steering wheel. I'm...
  4. D

UK Warranty Work

Hi I probably know the answer but perhaps someone can confirm – is there any way I can tell what has been replaced on my car under warranty without having to go to the dealer and ask? for example: can you look it up on the web if you have your chassis number? I don’t want to go into too much...
  5. D

Frosting of the doors

I thought this had been covered somewhere here before but I can’t find the thread I thought had a resolution! With the very cold mornings across Scotland (and the rest of the UK) I am finding one of my doors in particular refuses to open due to the frost. Strangely it only does it on the back...
  6. D

Roof bars for an estate - with panoramic roof.

Hi, wondering if someone can advise me on the above. I have some Thule bars / feet from my previous VW which fit on the rails but are not high enough for the panoramic roof to be opened. The feet Thule suggest on their website are exactly the same, not high enough- so perhaps I have to buy...
  7. D

Diesel Particulate Filter - Questions

All, I’m a newbie when it comes to a) Golf’s and b) this forum so as previous newbies have said, please go easy on me. I am the proud owner of a Golf mk7 GT estate, diesel. It’s a brilliant car and I really enjoy driving it however earlier DPF horror stories have worried me somewhat. Hence...