GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Diesel re-sale prices

When the criminal actions of VW were discovered by dieselgate, there was a lot of meeja comment that re-sale prices would be awful.# VW USA has now offered to buy back the impacted diesels, and shovel other money in to the litigious USA market. Nothing like that on offer for the UK. Does...
  2. D

Read and Check Your "Warranty"

Just a quick note to get folk to read and check their warranty. You MUST read the small print. Over the last 15 years I have bought 7 VW Group Cars and no-one has ever told me how limited their "warranty" is. Mine is UK, and the warranties vary by country. In the UK, VW are supposed to offer...
  3. D

Leaking Front Shocks. Common?

My 2.0 GT tds is now 3 years old. In the UK at 3 years old all cars are tested in Govt approved garages. We call the test an "MOT" The garage said that my car has leaking front shocks. Two points. Firstly, has anyone else heard of this as a problem with VW Golfs? Secondly, VW UK themselves...
  4. D

Very smeary windscreen

I've tried the Search function, and it hasn't helped. My 3 year old, 32000 miles UK Mk 7 GT sport diesel with DSG has developed a smeared windscreen. I can't seem to shift the film of muck on the windscreen. During dry times it doesn't matter, but at night in the dark in the rain it ruins vision...
  5. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

It's only a car. It's not Marvin. (Douglas Adams).
  6. D

It's only a car. The question should be "What did it do for me today? (Other than depreciate even more)
  7. D

Golf e-tron?

In the UK one can now order the Audi A3 e-tron, which is the elec/1.4 tfsi hybrid version. I didn't like the A3:eek:, so I bought a Golf :). Any one know if/whether they intend to launch a Golf e-tron? I'll be first in the queue as the hybrid model suits most of my driving requirements.
  8. D

It's only a car! Cleaned the inside of the windows as it is difficult to see out with lots of crud on the inside.
  9. D

Car Comparison

I've just come back to my 2 year old Mk 7 after a few weeks away. During that few weeks away, I hired 3 different cars. The actual cars I received were down to the rental co. (Europcar). I have to say that I am glad to be back in my Golf. Of the rental cars, by far the worst was a Mitsubishi...
  10. D

Interior lights on whilst driving? - Help!!

Yesterday I noticed that the interior lights of my 21 month old GT tdi 150 dsg were staying on whilst I was driving. They go off when I lock the doors, but stay on whilst driving. I've checked that the doors and boot are shutting properly, and they are. I cannot find anything in Setup to...
  11. D

Standard SatNav/Media

I have the standard Satnav/Media unit in my Golf GT tdi.. It suits me fine. However, when I was in a new borrowed Polo the other day, one without Satnav, but with the new standard media screen, everything on the screen seemed to be "slicker". For instance, whatever Radio I tuned to, the media...
  12. D

I took it to the muppets in the garage who about 11 days ago had fitted a broken fuel line to replace a perfectly good fuel line. I wonder what they mucked up to-day?
  13. D

2.0 diesel - recall - warning

My car is a March 2013 2.0 tdi GT 150 with DSG. Just a quick warning about a VW "re-call"/service work. When I took it in recently (about 11 days ago) for its first service - 18,500 miles - there was some VW mandated software to update. No idea what. They were also told by VW to replace some...
  14. D

I did a John Cleese and whipped mine with a bit of tree. This is because it smelt. It smelt of diesel. The car cleaners at the service place gave it back to me dirtier than it was when it went in. I think they've mucked up the diesel line aswell. Smelly cars deserve punishment. (Hat, gloves...
  15. D

Sat nav update help for morons....

Anyone out there who can help a pc illiterate or pc moron to update their satnav? Basic VW Golf Mk 7 sat nav, not satnav pro. I have tried the search function, but the instructions are less than clear. I have downloaded to my pc - Win 7 64 I5 2 series, files that call them selves "Styles" and...
  16. D

I allowed it the privilege of taking me somewhere.
  17. D

Nothing. It can count itself lucky that I am so kind to it.
  18. D

Taking Car UK to Europe

I've searched looking for previous threads, but I can't find one. Has anyone taken a UK Mk 7 from UK to Europe? If so, what was the best way to change the headlight dip? Thanks Dickt
  19. D

Newer Mk 7 - Quieter?

I have a GT 2.0 tdi 150 dsg which I picked up on 1st March 2013. It has 13,000 on the clock. Other than the mpg, which is useless, I rather like the car. I recently drove a 3,000 mile new Mk 7 1.6 SE tdi dsg. Other than the pace - which was sluggish out of Sport mode, there was an obvious...
  20. D

Warning About 1.4 DSG

Dear all, a warning about the 1.4 Tsi 150 DSG. I have the same engine with DSG in a 1 year old Seat. The Seat has covered 23,000 miles. The Stealer tells me the engine and gearbox are exactly the same as in the Golf. It has suddenly lost power and stopped 5 times. This can be extremely...