GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. IHazTurbo

**SOLD** Nagaro 18x7.5” GTI Sport rims - $575 - SW Michigan

Thank Dan! How you been? I haven’t seen/heard from you since you helped me install lowering springs on my old GTI. Wheels are SOLD
  2. IHazTurbo

**SOLD** Nagaro 18x7.5” GTI Sport rims - $575 - SW Michigan

I have a set of wheels that I used on my old GTI Sport for about 7k miles and then used them for only autocross events after that. There are in good condition with no curb rash. There does appear to be faint markings on the polished face that is likely from me running through the car wash...
  3. IHazTurbo

Looking for DBV2 TIP

A lot of these parts companies are going through the same thing. I’ve had the same thing happen for my MOOG endlinks with 3 companies at different times since early June. Just had the same thing happen with the racingline TIP that I ordered. It’s frustrating but some of these companies...
  4. IHazTurbo

Sold 16 R, got stuff to sell

Live in SW Michigan with an R. Interested in what you have. More descriptions please.
  5. IHazTurbo

Suggestions for replacement panels? Also, beware of kayaks/load bar failure

It was the Hull-a-Port XT's. They had never been an issue until the bar moved back and the kayak became a lever causing them to get stressed and yanked off. I'm certain they wouldn't have been an issue had the crossbars hadn't shifted. I will have to pay attention to that in the future though...
  6. IHazTurbo

Sounds good. Not something I’m LOOKING to sell anyway but I figured if it could potentially...

Sounds good. Not something I’m LOOKING to sell anyway but I figured if it could potentially help both of us out it might be worth it. Good luck with your move. I have family in Atlanta. If you have a long weekend and want to spend a weekend enjoying your car, take a trip up to the Tail of...
  7. IHazTurbo

WTB: Golf R OEM Muffler (with tips)

I haven’t purchased my replacement yet but I was looking to get a new cat back. How soon are you looking to get one? What would you be willing to pay and or distance would you drive? I live in Michigan but would potentially drive a ways if it made sense to do so.
  8. IHazTurbo

I did not stop to re-tighten because I hadn’t been on the expressway long. Never saw anything shift from the front and had been watching the front of the kayaks since they overhung enough. Had never seen or had the load bars shift even a mm before so I had no reason to believe that would ever...
  9. IHazTurbo

So yesterday I was heading out to go kayaking as I do quite often in Michigan this time of year. On my way there I had an issue when the wind grabbed the kayak and shifted it so hard on the kayak racks that it push the load bar back, the kayak racks then removed themselves from the load bars...
  10. IHazTurbo

CX-5 or Ford Escape

The cx5 does get REALLY good mpg and the ride and comfort is awesome. I like the way it handles over the escape too. The escape felt wobbly. 1 quick move it was fine but combine swerves and it feels like it isn't done rolling before it goes back. I like the idea of the Tiguan as well. But if...
  11. IHazTurbo

CX-5 or Ford Escape

I like the cx5 a lot but passing is scary with their underpowered motor. I think it is better with the new models though. They were supposed to increase power a bit.
  12. IHazTurbo

Smallest Vehicle That Can Comfortably Tow 2000lbs?

Thanks, luckily I have the DSG for this potential issue. I appreciate the feedback.
  13. IHazTurbo

Smallest Vehicle That Can Comfortably Tow 2000lbs?

I was hoping to find something on this because I'd like to get a jetski in the next year or so. Do you guys think that the GTI would be ok with a single 2/3 person waverunner? Sorry to thread jack but I was curious as well.
  14. IHazTurbo

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

I hate when people don't know their facts. Ford never took the bailout so don't hold that against them. When the government said, we give you a bailout then we have control over what you make from here on out they said a big F-you and took themselves back to reality on their own. Chrysler and...
  15. IHazTurbo

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Well, this and the fact that it's free marketing for them. The more videos that get uploaded about the abilities of this car the more people will turn toward Ford that may not have given it a thought. It's just like the marketing ploy that they used with the Fiesta's brought over from Europe...
  16. IHazTurbo

WRX

You pretty much summed it up for me. I was about to get into a 2011 WRX Sedan but I couldn't stand the fit and finish. If Subaru could just step it up a little bit on the interior I would be on board. I've had the GTI for almost a year now and still have a smile planted on my face driving it...
  17. IHazTurbo

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hey, I've been lurking for info and stuff on my new Mk6 on the website for a couple of weeks now. I figured I should just join and say hi. My name is Mark. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I moved from a Nissan 350Z to a GTI a little over a month ago and I'm extremely happy with the car and...