GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CX-5 or Ford Escape

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Well guys, looks like it's about time to get the girlfriend her first car.
She wants to get either a Mazda CX-5 or Ford Escape.
Which one do you guys think is better?
We're leaning towards the CX-5 at the moment just because of pricing

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
CPO 2010-2011 Tiguan FTW...but I would take the CX-5 mainly because for the Ford Escape to look nice with the bigger wheels and HID lights...you have to put up a lot of money.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I like the cx5 a lot but passing is scary with their underpowered motor. I think it is better with the new models though. They were supposed to increase power a bit.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
I like the cx5 a lot but passing is scary with their underpowered motor. I think it is better with the new models though. They were supposed to increase power a bit.

Yeah, everything i've read about it says that it's really underpowered

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The CX-5 with the 2.5l has great power. Skip the 2.0.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Mazda will deal on pricing off MSRP easily.

McQueen77

Banned
CPO 2010-2011 Tiguan FTW...but I would take the CX-5 mainly because for the Ford Escape to look nice with the bigger wheels and HID lights...you have to put up a lot of money.

we have a 2013 Tiguan and while it is a great CUV, the gas mileage blows, big time. for a crossover though, that car rips - i love it, despite the mush 'D' mode. sport and manual mode are nice and snappy for an auto and interior build is solid as hell. the Mazda will handle well and get way better mileage than the Tiguan. i havent driven one but my mazda3 handled really well for a FWD car the 6 mos. i owned it. we've had the tiguan for 4 months and averaged 20 mpg overall city/hwy.. pretty shitty mileage for a 4 banger. tiguan is like 15-17 city and the best ive gotten hwy driving like a total grandma just lugging along at 60mph in 6th gear is like 26mpg.

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The cx5 does get REALLY good mpg and the ride and comfort is awesome. I like the way it handles over the escape too. The escape felt wobbly. 1 quick move it was fine but combine swerves and it feels like it isn't done rolling before it goes back. I like the idea of the Tiguan as well. But if just Mazda or ford, go Mazda.