GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Great to meet Marcus the past 2 years. Hopefully next year will be the 3rd year in a row!!!
Man, can this guy drive a car.👍
Even though he 'just' drives a Mk7 TCR he repeatedly drives faster than much faster cars.
I hope so as well, my friend! We will do that and hopefully my wife doesn't have the idea again to promise HER friends rides in MY car... ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Did Misha drive your R?
I wouldn't let Misha anywhere near my car tbh.
Unless you're another influencer, rich or a friend he won't even acknowledge you now.
I think fame has gone to his head a little and also he walks around like a peacock ignoring normal people in the car park.
I also think that Marcus @TheMaOdy66 may be the faster driver.😁

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I wouldn't let Misha anywhere near my car tbh.
Unless you're another influencer, rich or a friend he won't even acknowledge you now.
I think fame has gone to his head a little and also he walks around like a peacock ignoring normal people in the car park.
I also think that Marcus @TheMaOdy66 may be the faster driver.😁
Interesting take. I didn’t realize Marcus was @TheMaOdy66. I’ve watched way more of his videos but recently came across this Misha fellow. I enjoyed them but stinks to hear that’s how he comes across. Misha does seem to completely rag out whatever car he’s driving!
If I ever get over there, to Germany, I want to make it a point to get to the Ring.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I've done a few track days on my motorbike and in the car ands there is no where in the world like the Nurburgring. It is with out a doubt the, most intimidating place to drive in the world. Its not just the demanding track, it's also some of the other drivers that can be in road legal dedicated track cars. The speed difference between some of these guys and 'normal' drivers can be astronomical and the speed in which they can come up behind you is mind blowing. The drivers of these cars can often then intimidate' the average driver to move over to the right and off-line causing issues for them when the next blind - off camber - downhill - corner arrives!

In my opinion, @TheMaOdy66 is at the pinnacle of driving a Mk7 TCR. His lap times are very quick and especially so for a Mk7 Golf.

Unfortunately, most of my laps this year were under a yellow flag at some point or another so I wasn't as quick as I had hoped for. Despite being over 2 minutes a lap slower than Marcus, I still managed 17 overtakes on my last lap. The place seems to be getting busier every year unfortunately.

If you ever manage to get over to Germany and the Ring, even of you don't drive it, make sure you get a passenger ride from either a taxi or a friend. When you have someone who can drive and knows the Ring, it's one of the best experiences in which to be a passenger EVER.

With regards to Misha, I've been watching his channel since he was first 'Boosted Boris', then with Apex (Google the sub-7 VW Up) and still watch them on occasion. Unfortunately I think that fame will always inevitably go to peoples heads eventually no matter how humble you start out so his demeanour was always likely to change towards us 'mere mortals' unfortunately at some point.

Last edited:

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Back to touristic driving again...
Green Hell Driving Days Whit Monday | Good amount of trafic | 19 Overtakes | Some very cool Cars | Long Yellow Flags Zone after Crash @Adenauer Forst | Fast Intervention Car (Audi RS5)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Me: How f**** wide can a Bike be?
Biker be like: YEESSS!!! :rolleyes: :D

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
GTi TCR & BMW M3 E46 Tracktool | #sub8 through Tourist Traffic

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Same day, same guys | GTi TCR & M3 E46 | Chasing Cayman GT4 | Yellow Flags & Traffic | Not that bad laptime therefor... ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
GTi TCR & AMG GT-R | Count all blue M2s in this lap ... unbelievable | Close Call @ 5:10
35 Overtakes | Traffic Jam like Rush Hour | 3 x Yellow Zones after Crashes | Tourist Drives at their best... :D

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Finally! Long planned but never worked until today: a full lap with my friend Dave
Thx mate | Long Yellow Zone | Busy lap | Tourist Drives as they are...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
On the chase again - for 2 GT3 (RS) this time...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Have you tried the "upgrade" that Apex do to their GTi-PP cars?....In one of Misha's videos talking to the mechanics they say they remove the caliper pin (from the factory/stock calipers) with the bush on it & replace it with another one of the solid pins. I know the bush gets stuck & causes problems, also they say to causes the pads to wear "wedge" shaped...No bush I presume would mean more movement related clunk when you use the brakes as the caliper moves on the pins...