GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The WAY OFF TOPIC thread

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Have you ran it at the track yet? Should run pretty good.

An intercooler will definitely help along with stacking the JB4

No I really haven't had the time between work and road racing... the season ends very soon though, and I have at a minimum 2nd place in my series locked down so I'm getting out of it mentally... I need stickier tires. Currently on Michelin Primacy MXM4 which are good for an all around driving tire but not high performance. I'm waiting for the BMS IC to come out. I figure with winter coming again it won't be nearly as needed.

Actually I've never had any car at a track.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
No I really haven't had the time between work and road racing... the season ends very soon though, and I have at a minimum 2nd place in my series locked down so I'm getting out of it mentally... I need stickier tires. Currently on Michelin Primacy MXM4 which are good for an all around driving tire but not high performance. I'm waiting for the BMS IC to come out. I figure with winter coming again it won't be nearly as needed.

Actually I've never had any car at a track.

If you install your new mounts before going you'll have fun.

Leave when the last yellow light comes on

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
If you install your new mounts before going you'll have fun.

Leave when the last yellow light comes on

What's the whole reaction time thing? Race starts have always been a really strong suit for me so maybe I'll be good at that .... which is more important the motor mount or trans? Motor mount looks easy to do, the trans mount looks sucky.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's it really. If you leave on the last yellow you'll have a decent RT.

The mounts are both easy, same process for both sides other than removing the intake, battery/tray and unplugging the ECU harness. All in you can do both in an hour no problem with a floor jack/block of wood to support the driveline

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Yeah its def easy enough to install the mounts with a floor jack and some scrap 2x4. I had a hell of a time with the trans mount mainly just due to the lack of flex in the wiring harness that sits on top of the mount. All said and done it's def worth the effort. The drive train feels so much more planted.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what's going on. I feel like I've seen a ton of riced out Japanese imports in the area lately. I think getting back into cars is just making me recognize them more.

Since I've gotten the GTI, I've really noticed how small of a VW following there is in my area, there's a couple nice MK4s I see driving around ,one nice R32 and another guy with an MK6 GTI, but that's about it. You can find a modded Subaru on pretty much every street corner though.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
So I recently started a new job. The guy before me got promoted to a manager of some kind. Soooooo he drives a Cobb tune 2016 STI. Needless to say, there was already some tension when I first got here, due to me, well, driving decent looking GTI. I'm Cobb, FBO IS38.

To make the long story short, heading to pick up my Cobb a few weeks back, i was with a buddy and happened to catch him on the highway. At that time i was running on a JB4 IS38 tune at 26psi peak, 21 redline and and E30. well we went from a 40 roll, and i walked him by a few cars. then we did a 60 roll, and the same outcome. After that happened, i just kept going, but as he started getting closer he gunned it to do the typical ricer fly by, I let him catch up to my fender and then gapped him again, Lol.

Needless to say, He doesn't speak to me anymore. He is so salty. I saw him this morning, and one of the subaru guys that works here is getting MK6 GTI and getting rid of his 2008 WRX. I asked him if he knew and he just nodded and went about his way. I can't believe he is being so childish. This man is 30+ years old.

All in all, Subaru driver are such babies, and tney feel that they drive the best thing in the world, and nothing can touch them. Well, take this L my friend and have some Tea.

The end.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
So I recently started a new job. The guy before me got promoted to a manager of some kind. Soooooo he drives a Cobb tune 2016 STI. Needless to say, there was already some tension when I first got here, due to me, well, driving decent looking GTI. I'm Cobb, FBO IS38.

To make the long story short, heading to pick up my Cobb a few weeks back, i was with a buddy and happened to catch him on the highway. At that time i was running on a JB4 IS38 tune at 26psi peak, 21 redline and and E30. well we went from a 40 roll, and i walked him by a few cars. then we did a 60 roll, and the same outcome. After that happened, i just kept going, but as he started getting closer he gunned it to do the typical ricer fly by, I let him catch up to my fender and then gapped him again, Lol.

Needless to say, He doesn't speak to me anymore. He is so salty. I saw him this morning, and one of the subaru guys that works here is getting MK6 GTI and getting rid of his 2008 WRX. I asked him if he knew and he just nodded and went about his way. I can't believe he is being so childish. This man is 30+ years old.

All in all, Subaru driver are such babies, and tney feel that they drive the best thing in the world, and nothing can touch them. Well, take this L my friend and have some Tea.

The end.

Some of them need to grow up a bit, for sure. Until then, just hope he never becomes your boss!! :eek:

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Saw this the other day. Simply amazing.

Cool, Diggs, glad you saw that! Would like to get a drone and goggle setup like he has. Just for kicks, eh. Not gonna be as fluid as that guy is...like, ever? :eek:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
You guys ever watch the drone racing videos? There's one in particular I was trying to find with a bunch of guys going balls out in the forest. Couldn't find it but I thought this one was cool too.