GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The WAY OFF TOPIC thread

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
You guys ever watch the drone racing videos? There's one in particular I was trying to find with a bunch of guys going balls out in the forest. Couldn't find it but I thought this one was cool too.

Only lately discovered how far it has advanced. Have begun watching more of it. The woods video was great-

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Nope, but that doesn't stop it from beating them at the road course :cool: and auto x

What sports cars do you think of it beating? I think of 911 Carrera S.. Cayman R’s, turbos , BMW M4, Audi RS5, Mustang Shelby GT, Corvette Z06, etc

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A lot of that comes down to he drivers of each car and mods but I've seen plenty of gti track videos that show it holding its own against car on that list.

Also saw a video of the A86 vs PP GTI stock for stock doing a hill climb time trial. Guess who won

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I got a ticket today. Supposedly 47 in a 35. I looked down at my speedometer when I noticed the cop and it read 42, but I was coasting in 4th gear. Anyway I never hit the brakes and he made it pretty obvious he was writing a ticket when he got to my window.

Kinda funny how every time I have a gti on lowering springs I get tickets, and lowered on coilovers I've never gotten pulled over once. I guess being stupid low keeps me more focused on my surroundings

Maybe I should just forget going FOB and dump it

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
A MK6 GTI tried to get me to race on a long street. First time anyone's ever tried to get me to race (and I don't like getting involved with street races either). I really didn't want him to get in trouble b/c i passed through the opposite direction 10 min before, and a cop was parked a few blocks ahead from when the mk6 saw me. Cop was gone, and I'm sure the mk6 was disappointed in me with my facelift tails but no desire to race on a Friday night lol

Anyway, new topic... My gf's not interested in cars, but her parents are asking her if she wants to look for a new car so her mom can take her current camry (her mom's car got totaled by a distracted girl in her late teens). Budget is apparently around 20-25k. My gf wants a car that's quicker, smaller, and easier to drive than her '15 camry. She's 5'1", so she tends to have a hard time setting her seat to be comfortably reaching the pedals while being far enough from the steering wheel to be safe.

Told her the only thing that probably fits all her criteria is a GTI lol, but she's trying to avoid matching cars...but if she has to, she'll consider it.

Any other cars fit that criteria? Her parents want a new car, not used. They also have concerns with Euro cars b/c of reliability and maintenance costs, but I've told them that doesn't seem like a big issue with our cars.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
This idiot wants to sell me his MK4 GTI that looks great but is dodging basic questions like if it’s smogged and what wheels he has.. wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
A MK6 GTI tried to get me to race on a long street. First time anyone's ever tried to get me to race (and I don't like getting involved with street races either). I really didn't want him to get in trouble b/c i passed through the opposite direction 10 min before, and a cop was parked a few blocks ahead from when the mk6 saw me. Cop was gone, and I'm sure the mk6 was disappointed in me with my facelift tails but no desire to race on a Friday night lol

Anyway, new topic... My gf's not interested in cars, but her parents are asking her if she wants to look for a new car so her mom can take her current camry (her mom's car got totaled by a distracted girl in her late teens). Budget is apparently around 20-25k. My gf wants a car that's quicker, smaller, and easier to drive than her '15 camry. She's 5'1", so she tends to have a hard time setting her seat to be comfortably reaching the pedals while being far enough from the steering wheel to be safe.

Told her the only thing that probably fits all her criteria is a GTI lol, but she's trying to avoid matching cars...but if she has to, she'll consider it.

Any other cars fit that criteria? Her parents want a new car, not used. They also have concerns with Euro cars b/c of reliability and maintenance costs, but I've told them that doesn't seem like a big issue with our cars.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

VW Beetle .. Passat.. CC all good choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk