GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Don't want to sound like a dick Jake, but if you are concerned about the holding power and reject the reviews of the people who have this clutch and pressure plate installed then just buy an expensive clutch kit that advertises higher numbers.

This is for people who want to retain the DMF and don't have a huge budget.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the input everyone. It's just hard to be responsible with my mk7 but so far so good. The kid in me wants to do a SMF and ceramic disk, but so far ive behaved and not launched the car from a dig, and probably can continue resist the urge. At the end of the day there's a fine like between hurting muscle car owners feelings and keeping the wife happy with stock like drive-ability. I'll just keep milking the miles out of the stock clutch for now and do this when once I get an IC and or it starts slipping worse

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
The RSR Clutch kit crank torque holds:
480 ft/lbs
650 Nm
With that most of the Stage 2 guys and I think IS38 should be good to go.

Is a hybrid going to make more torque? Even an APR stage 3 turbo makes a marginal increase in torque. It's more that these kits are holding the torque at a higher RPM over the IS20. Time to surf the TT-RS forums to find out if their stage 2 peeps are slipping on a stock clutch.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The larger the turbo, most importantly the A/R of the exhaust housing will determine spool time and in turn torque. Small turbo with a tight exhaust housing = more torque, and sooner or lower in the rpm range.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

I've been pretty hesitate to post this, but like with the MK6 guys, people will find out sooner or later. This will be a thread dedicated to the part list for the DIY TTRS Clutch Kit. For those of you who don't know (and I'll use the word "similar" loosely) the kits from RSR and Haus of Dub are very very "similar" to this one. They are all based of TTRS pressure plate. So again I don't want to spell it out, but I'll just say this kit will be very "similar" to the RSR + Haus of Dub kits.

Here's the part list of what you will need:

1. Part #1878005146 or #03G141031T (1) $99
http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/73466/Clutch-Disc-240mm-1878005146/

2. Part #07K141015BX (1) $355.35
https://deutscheautoparts.com/audi-ttrs-clutch-pressure-plate-07k141015bx.html

3. Part #N90847002 (3) 3x.99= $2.98
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/hex-bolt-priced-each/n90847002/

4. Part #N90320701 (6) 6x.74= $2.22
http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/56339/Clutch-Pressure-Plate-Bolt-N90320701/

5. (Optional Throw-out Bearing) Part #0A5141671 (1) $75.99
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-audi-clutch-release-bearing-0a5141671

Total Without TOB: 459.55
Total With TOB: $535.54

Now keep in mind a couple things:
-You will need to enlarge a hole to fit the metal aligning dowels. You can do this many ways, and it's not a huge deal to be perfectly precise.
-These were reported by a MK7 Golf R user and but it has been confirmed to work on a GTI. That being said it's the same transmission, and the same engine etc so there's no reason it shouldn't work.
-There is still value to getting the real RSR and Haus of Dub kit. If something goes wrong generally you will have the full company support, which can be worth it to some.
-This is the same as the DIY RSR kit on the MK6 except I put in the MK7 hardware.
-The hardware parts were reported by a user on the MK7 Facebook group but I have looked it over and things check out.

Enjoy!
Printing this for future sake, again, hopefully never need this. But with recent horror stories going around, couldn't hurt to have. Price is VERY attractive.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I was just curiously browsing and noticed they have it available now. If it were that cheap when I did my clutch I would have definitely ordered it.

Anyone have an idea what the round hockey puck thing is that sits between the clutch master and the clutch line? I think its some kind of delay valve.

Edit: nvm, its a clutch line delay valve. Something else that needs to be removed.

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Damn that is cheap, I'll probably pick one up tonight! Thanks for the heads up :)

Johnboy1

I was just curiously browsing and noticed they have it available now. If it were that cheap when I did my clutch I would have definitely ordered it.

Anyone have an idea what the round hockey puck thing is that sits between the clutch master and the clutch line? I think its some kind of delay valve.

Edit: nvm, its a clutch line delay valve. Something else that needs to be removed.

Thanks for the heads up I just ordered one as well. Dont forget the 5% off coupon for rockauto 566898569967562

I replaced the clutch line with the ECS ss one and I think that hockey puck thing is a swirl valve. Car feels much better with out it.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Another Rockauto code just in case:

5% Discount Code: 80F7BC37D2494C
Expires: April 3, 2017

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

ARMOG

Flywheel bolts

Ive purchased both the disk and pressure plate as well as the DMF, will be installing soon on the R. Will update you guys as sooon as its in but i was wondering about the flywheel bolts. Are the Vaico ones i see on ECS actually correct? I assume i need 8 but wanted to make sure as they're $2 a piece but seem like they might not fit on the golf R.

N90665001 Part number for the bolts