GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Clutch installed, will pick the car up after work. VW tech said no real strict guidelines for break in period. Just drive normally.... Does this sound right?

My guy told me take it relatively easy the first 250-500 miles, did so and the clutch is just as strong as the day I had it installed 11,000 miles ago.

symbiotix

Passed Driver's Ed
Updates​?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Updates are that I love it! Jb4 went back on today, so put it through the paces a bit more. Feels stock with a way nicer engagement point. Grabs very well. My DMFW was in perfect shape at 26,000km. I ordered one of the ebay clutch stoppers to get rid of some of the travel in the pedal. Should be perfect once that is in!

Once I have a few more km's on it I'll add my downpipe and go Jb4 map 2. Can't wait!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking retaining the DMF is the way to go since I drive 30,000 a year, 90% of it like a grandpa with my wife and kid or the guys I car pool with. I'm just afraid the standard disk won't be enough. Maybe I can figure out a combo. SBC is not an option, I have a great distrust for their products, long stories (several), so any input on what disk might work with more agressive friction compound?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking retaining the DMF is the way to go since I drive 30,000 a year, 90% of it like a grandpa with my wife and kid or the guys I car pool with. I'm just afraid the standard disk won't be enough. Maybe I can figure out a combo. SBC is not an option, I have a great distrust for their products, long stories (several), so any input on what disk might work with more agressive friction compound?

How much power are you planning on running?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hybrid is20 or an is38 with full bolt ons. I've read a few times here that this setup still won't hold is38 power in a high gear. On long road trips that's what I loved about my mk6. Enough roll on power in any gear to easily pass anyone on the freeway.

My mk7 if I don't downshift to 3rd it's 1/4 throttle slip just about guaranteed. Since the clutch holds (for the most part) when I only use power at high rpm/low gear I'm holding off as long as possible before changing the clutch. Unlike the majority here I plan to keep this car well beyond 200,000 miles

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Hybrid is20 or an is38 with full bolt ons. I've read a few times here that this setup still won't hold is38 power in a high gear. On long road trips that's what I loved about my mk6. Enough roll on power in any gear to easily pass anyone on the freeway.

My mk7 if I don't downshift to 3rd it's 1/4 throttle slip just about guaranteed. Since the clutch holds (for the most part) when I only use power at high rpm/low gear I'm holding off as long as possible before changing the clutch. Unlike the majority here I plan to keep this car well beyond 200,000 miles
Where have you read it won't hold? I'm going to say it's pure speculation and no one actually confirmed.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I've read a few different places here that it won't hold is38 roll on power in the higher gears. I don't have any links, just over the past year or so I've come across them

mr_blasto

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you're confusing "won't hold" with won't hold full torque at low rpm in a high gear

I'm about to go through with this setup. This is the first report I've heard of any issues, but I haven't scoured the forums, so maybe there are some reports like you say. If you happen to remember the threads or users you read this from, post up as I'm sure it's relevant to a number of people.

Thanks!

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion

Uh honestly this kit with your OEM disk (that's in the car right now), will hold basic IS38 power. I'd really like to know who said this setup wouldn't hold the power because it's the first I've heard of it.