GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

Martin398

Ready to race!
personally I still have an open intake. heat soak may cause me to enclose it this summer but the noises right now... you can hear the hiss and whoosh constantly.

Slick99

Ready to race!
had the stock air box modified with a GFB diverter valve, and while you gain some induction noise it's very minimal and not that aggressive whoosh some people look for.
I put the stock diverter valve back as IMO it functions better with the design of the ecu.
if you want the big turbo noises in our little turbos you need an open intake, or a decent closed system that uses a cone filter. the panel filters are nice, but just don't give you that big sound, if that's what you're after.

never had a blow of valve as I prefer the recirculating so I can't comment there.

most of the tuner recommend to stay on stock diverter valve, is ur car flash tune?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Saw this on mk7 Gti FB page but can't seem to find on their website.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Yeah still waiting. Based on their prices for other platforms, should be very reasonable (~$300). I wasn't going to bother with an intake, but I want to see some numbers on this bad boy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Slick99

Ready to race!

Martin398

Ready to race!
most of the tuner recommend to stay on stock diverter valve, is ur car flash tune?

not flash tuned but I run jb4. tuner recommendations and real world experience with my car led me to put back my stock diverter. the gfb felt like it kept initial boost lag down a C hair but didn't seem to perform as well as stock in mid range IMO

Slick99

Ready to race!
not flash tuned but I run jb4. tuner recommendations and real world experience with my car led me to put back my stock diverter. the gfb felt like it kept initial boost lag down a C hair but didn't seem to perform as well as stock in mid range IMO
I have jb4 as well, will switch to stock diverter valve n see if it improve

Last edited:

Hockey

Ready to race!
CTS intake with a K&N filter and added some automotive weather trim. Trim works well, I can see that it seals with the under hood cover from the indents left on it. Still have to drill some holes in the front trim pieces.

Nice. I've wanted to do the same thing but cannot find the weather strip anywhere. Where can you purchase? Thanks

Vrsixin

Just installed my AWE intake including a APR TIP which the o ring was too big and had to use the original one.

Attachments

• 795913C9-9874-4B53-805B-4DAF01166AE2.jpeg
    795913C9-9874-4B53-805B-4DAF01166AE2.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,180

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie

A little birdy told me this should be released in the next week or two, at a price point lower than the CTS intake. ;) Pretty sure I'll be buying, and if so I'll post up a review.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Aphex13

Passed Driver's Ed

I was about to buy an intake, until I came across these pictures. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit.
I hope they are released sooner than later.

Is it bad that I'm already thinking about customizing the box? I think I'll have the inside painted white to match my car. What's everyone think, nice or rice? lol

P.S.
S&B, please take my money!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie

Attachments

• image000001(2) (1024x576).jpg
    image000001(2) (1024x576).jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 1,296