GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear sway bar End Links ?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I've heard about the OEM links breaking with thicker bars, so I'd say yes.

Moog had a heavy duty replacement that doesn't break the bank.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
When upgrading the rear swat bar is it really necessary to upgrade the end links ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never did on mine, everything works great, no squeaks or issues. I feel like i remember people actually having issues with some aftermarket endlinks.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Curious, since rsb is still on my wish list... What's special about the Moog end links? What advantages do they have over stock? There isn't a lot of info in the link. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They're metal, as opposed to the plastic stock ones- so they won't flex as much and possibly break

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Curious, since rsb is still on my wish list... What's special about the Moog end links? What advantages do they have over stock? There isn't a lot of info in the link. Cheers!

Metal, oem-style bearing (means they are less prone to corrosion/grit issues like spherical bearings), wrench flats instead of triple squares, greasable zerk fittings. :)

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Any increased rigidity by only swapping out the endlinks with the OEM bar or is that a waste of time? I want to tighten the rear up some but have a few other mods to get done before the Neuspeed RSB, so wondering if it would be worth doing or if I should wait and hit this all in one go.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
The rigidity increase is likely negligible on stock geometry suspension. It's not an issue one whether the oem's are stiff enough (they're stiff!). It's more that once lowered, the oem endlinks are stressed more, especially when paired with increased stiffness RSB. This increased RSB and change of suspension geometry puts more stress on the oem endlinks and tends to crack and fail them.
I have not experienced broken endlinks this way and this is only how it has been explained to me. I will say I replaced my OEM endlinks because the triple square fitting broke while installing.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
They're metal, as opposed to the plastic stock ones- so they won't flex as much and possibly break
Metal, oem-style bearing (means they are less prone to corrosion/grit issues like spherical bearings), wrench flats instead of triple squares, greasable zerk fittings. :)
What special is that their not plastic.
Thanks, gents! Makes sense. Adding those to the never-ending wish list, lol.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
I have 25mm eibach hollow sway bar and it is not necessary at all. An upgrade might be necessary if you get a 25mm solid bar and up.

Ive read aftermarket endlinks causing noises so i decided to stick with oem and im glad. Quiet and works great.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Do you use these? If so, how are they for fitment? Need an alignment afterwards? Methinks not.

I have a solid 034 RSB but still stock endlinks, and the rear of the car creaks when going over bumps.

Yes I do. I have them paired with an ST rsb. Fitment is fine, and they aren't triple square. If you're getting noise, check your end links, and possibly pick up the Moog. It's worth the little money they cost. If they still make noise, just put the OEM back on and sell the Moog.