GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Body and/or Tuner Shop Recommendation in Chester County PA

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
I am in Downingtown, PA, which isn't far from West Chester, PA, and I am looking for a reputable tuning shop to do some work on my brand new Golf R. I have already purchased a bunch of stuff for my R and am looking to do some APR stuff to it (Stage 1/2, exhaust work, springs, some other stuff).

For a body shop, I just ordered a new hood and am still searching for a good front and rear splitter and some other bits.

I haven't ever used a shop to do work on my vehicles, so was wondering if anyone has used any shops in the area that they recommend?

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
If you're on the 'tex, give nater a PM.

He's in your area.

Sorry... I don't know what any of that means. LOL... did I mention I'm a noob?

I searched for a user name of "nater" and nothing came up (exactly) and not sure what 'tex means... wait... do you mean the forum VWvortex? I'm still finding all of the different forums.

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
I am in Downingtown, PA, which isn't far from West Chester, PA, and I am looking for a reputable tuning shop to do some work on my brand new Golf R. I have already purchased a bunch of stuff for my R and am looking to do some APR stuff to it (Stage 1/2, exhaust work, springs, some other stuff).

For a body shop, I just ordered a new hood and am still searching for a good front and rear splitter and some other bits.

I haven't ever used a shop to do work on my vehicles, so was wondering if anyone has used any shops in the area that they recommend?

A long time friend of mine owns his own shop in Downingtown called Maclanes Auto's. He was a master mechanic at Garnet for years and knows vw products well. I've been taking my 2017 GTI to him for everything and I've had no complaints.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
AP Tuning is really good...

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
A long time friend of mine owns his own shop in Downingtown called Maclanes Auto's. He was a master mechanic at Garnet for years and knows vw products well. I've been taking my 2017 GTI to him for everything and I've had no complaints.

Have you had him do performance mods?

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
According to APR's website, Complete Street Performance in West Chester is a APR dealer, yet have a Poconos phone number

And on their web site, if you try and shop by car VW isn't even listed... just Import Car & Sport Compact -> Other Import & Sport Compact. Doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. I had seen them on APR's site but found the above when I hit their site.

I think there is even another place in West Chester on APR's site who's site shows all GM car stuff. :confused:

They are close enough that I may drop in one day to check them out and see what I think.

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
And on their web site, if you try and shop by car VW isn't even listed... just Import Car & Sport Compact -> Other Import & Sport Compact. Doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. I had seen them on APR's site but found the above when I hit their site.

I think there is even another place in West Chester on APR's site who's site shows all GM car stuff. :confused:

They are close enough that I may drop in one day to check them out and see what I think.

Actually... this might be the same place I was thinking about. If you look at the "Brands" they carry, APR isn't even listed!!!
https://www.cspracing.com/brands/

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you had him do performance mods?

Yup. Intake, downpipe, dogbone mount, new wheels and tires mounted and balanced. European taillights with all the coding. He can completely take apart and reassemble an engine if you need him to.

Also take a look at Smith VW in Delaware. People on the forums have given good and bad reviews. But on their facebook page I've been seeing them do a lot of mods to vw's lately.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Yup. Intake, downpipe, dogbone mount, new wheels and tires mounted and balanced. European taillights with all the coding. He can completely take apart and reassemble an engine if you need him to.

Also take a look at Smith VW in Delaware. People on the forums have given good and bad reviews. But on their facebook page I've been seeing them do a lot of mods to vw's lately.

Smith VW is good. I've had some stuff done there, but their labor rates are high. It's a little bit further, but NGP Racing in MD does good work too

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
This place in Lebanon, PA?
https://aptuning.com

That place is nearly 1.5 hours from me. Was hoping to find someone closer to me.

Aptuning is my preferred shop. While waiting for service I've seen people walk in from NYC and DC. Their $69 hourly labor rate can often pay for itself